Am I out of line here????

Do pics of paper with username/date by items make you feel better about buying???

• Hell yea, its a must.

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Yea but I dont really care that much

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • I like getting scammed by strangers that ask for money with pics of items they dont have!!!!!

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
I remember that guy. Dam shame. I had a sim experience with someone on another board for 300 bucks...I even found out where he lived..FBI internext crime unit...No luck//I was tempted to pay him a visit.....Live and learn

See thats what Im trying to avoið, because if it was me and in my means I would have paid someone a visit over 300 bucks, hell anything over 75 and Id be ready to call some friends and take a roadtrip. Dont mean to come off wrong but money is your time and time is life, I dont think those are things average people can afford to just throw away.

Another point. Walmarts reputable right?? You ever got a box of ceral or food that everyone including you thought was fine till you got home and noticed it got cut by the box opener and your product is now stale...~~~~ happens....What if you walked in walma®t and asked to see a TV they didnt have on the shelf and the guy said "We're Walmart buddy Im not going to the back just to get a TV so you can look at it, better just trust me.....its great and its not broke" You would drive your ~~~ down the street to Best Buy ect. in search of some better CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Sometimes sellers online forget that the person paying ïs a real life customer. I know aot of you guys from my time here and yes there are people that I wouldnt hassle about this at all, the guy I mentioned isnt one of them, even if hes been here long and sold to many. I havnt seen it or anything else to make me put trust in him like that, hell I dont trust most of the people I see day to day, why would I trust a group of words on a screen with a person behind em thats half way across the country because he said so?? Id rather be "offensive" as some people put it and keep my money in my pocket than be overly trusting and get ripped off. Guess some people like to be "offensive" and keep their parts in their closet lol

Thanks for the replies everyone, nice to get a feel for the boards opinion on this one;

What if you walked in walma®t and asked to see a TV they didnt have on the shelf and the guy said "We're Walmart buddy Im not going to the back just to get a TV so you can look at it, better just trust me.....its great and its not broke" You would drive your ~~~ down the street to Best Buy ect. in search of some better CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Back in the day I bought a TV from Walmart and it was broken! I was pissed; I should have looked at it before carrying it out the door. First and last time I ever purchased a TV new. I returned that ~~~ and found a better one on craigslist.

The picture request is fine for sure. The note request I have never personally seen other than person to person buying a used car. I would have thought it was a stupid request.

If someone requested that from me I would have all kinds of thoughts going through my mind like that person is probably a pain to deal with and must have all kinds of problems buying parts because they are tough to please. Another vote for no sale from me. I work in the buying and selling world, some people are not worth the grief to sell anything to and will never be pleased with whatever you do. Keep things simple, or forget it.

No offense to anyone, just the thought that would cross my mind with that request.:)

Chris

Another vote for picture request, never heard of attaching a note to a photo.

Stuff does happen, had the worst luck on this site. Parts that were listed as great or mint is no where near that. That's why photos are great. :D

I normally paypal by C Card rather than cash because if you never get your parts or they are really miss-represented then you can send them back and ask your CC for a refund. Unless I really know them and have their e-mail in the system.

I even had a member here send me the wrong e-mail address for payment, which he never got. But the guy with that e-mail address accepted it and if it was not for my C Card company I would be been out $330. Took almost 3 months to straighten out.

Don't trust paypal to protect your purchase. I purchased a set of 4.30 gears and a 28 spline traction lock carrier from a guy. I got a set of stock 3.55's and a 31 spline carrier. The explorer take out crap that is everywhere. I tried to be nice thinking the guy accidentally sent me the wrong thing but eventually called paypal when he told me I was an idiot and they really were what he claimed them to be (even after posting pictures on that forum). Paypal basically told me that if the guy had sent me anything they wren't liable. I said to them so you are telling me I could sell a guy a $1000 torque converter and ship him a core and he can't do a thing about it. They said that is correct. I closed my account, but eventually I opened another because some people want to pay that way.
Alan

i had my credit card info stolen someone used it to buy some things from sears netflix and skype, i called all 3 to get information and they all refused to talk to me, they did all give me a refund though but still, if they were to give me an address i would have obliged

See thats what Im trying to avoið, because if it was me and in my means I would have paid someone a visit over 300 bucks, hell anything over 75 and Id be ready to call some friends and take a roadtrip. Dont mean to come off wrong but money is your time and time is life, I dont think those are things average people can afford to just throw away.

Another point. Walmarts reputable right?? You ever got a box of ceral or food that everyone including you thought was fine till you got home and noticed it got cut by the box opener and your product is now stale...~~~~ happens....What if you walked in walma®t and asked to see a TV they didnt have on the shelf and the guy said "We're Walmart buddy Im not going to the back just to get a TV so you can look at it, better just trust me.....its great and its not broke" You would drive your ~~~ down the street to Best Buy ect. in search of some better CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Sometimes sellers online forget that the person paying ïs a real life customer. I know aot of you guys from my time here and yes there are people that I wouldnt hassle about this at all, the guy I mentioned isnt one of them, even if hes been here long and sold to many. I havnt seen it or anything else to make me put trust in him like that, hell I dont trust most of the people I see day to day, why would I trust a group of words on a screen with a person behind em thats half way across the country because he said so?? Id rather be "offensive" as some people put it and keep my money in my pocket than be overly trusting and get ripped off. Guess some people like to be "offensive" and keep their parts in their closet lol

Thanks for the replies everyone, nice to get a feel for the boards opinion on this one;

At the end of the day, if someone wants to rip you off, how is a picture of the part with notes going to assure you of delivery?

I got scammed here on SCCOA with a couple of other guys. It was the guy that said he was making halo headlights for us. Sent him $550.00 dollars through paypal.

This is when there should be a tight nit group amongst the club. If someone has been jacked, a member living close to the person should attempt to reconcile it by contacting the person or knocking on their door. It may not resolve the issue but it would help and may provide more info as if the person still resides at the address etc. I know if someone knocked on my door because I screwed someone over, it would make me give a second thought.

Im not the biggest dude but can be persuasive at times and would be willing to step up for anyone in the club. Im not saying go to jail or place oneself in harms way but just approaching it may help get the situation rectified. If not, than for a few bucks, life can be made a living hell.

I know and realize that noone likes to get ripped off and it does unfortunately happen. But I have also learned, and unfortunately the hard way ...that as much as I'd like to hurt someone, the outcome is almost inevitably bad and it's best to let someone else give that person the smackdown...Because it "will" eventually happen. Some call it Karma...I call it the law of averages.

Still I always give people the benifit of the doubt unles they have proven otherwise. Ive become rather mellow with age:D

Guys, I am a moderator on a different car club, and my specialty is handling these kinds of issues due to my background. And I have seen it all....from minor $10 disputes to a shop giving someone the shaft for $37,000 plus his car that he cannot find after six years of looking. The basic bottom line is that if someone is determined, they will scam people. The only things we can do is to protect ourselves with some good common sense.

1--NEVER PAY WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN A CREDIT CARD THROUGH PAYPAL. This is vital. Many people know this--paypal usually doesnt care too much about your dispute unless you bought the item in question through ebay. But I have seen them find in favor of the buyer in some cases. Using your credit card is vital because it will provide you with a whole different level of protection. When paypal doesnt do much for you, you can call your CC company and initiate a chargeback when someone screws you over.

2--REPORT PEOPLE WHO SCAM YOU. Report them anywhere and everywhere that you can. Report them on the feedback sections here. Report them to paypal, if you used paypal. Report them to the FBI's internet crime division--what someone already mentioned. By the way, about that IC3 thing, you guys need to be aware that IC3 will NOT investigate your claims. They will forward the complaint on to the appropriate local law enforcement agency. Normally, in my experience, that local agency will either toss the complaint into the circular file or chuck it into a file cabinet and forget about it. Some years ago, on another forum, we had a guy that was scamming dozens of people, selling parts he didnt have and running with the money. He tried to scam me but I live locally to him and when I asked to meet him to check out the motor he wanted me to buy, he suddenly had a change of heart. I had everyone involved file IC3 reports and forward me all the details, documented in writing. I then took the whole lot of it and marched into the police department local to where this scammer lived. They didnt exhibit one ounce of concern that a guy who was already a convicted felon(car theft and drugs) was taking hundreds, even thousands of bucks from people in their jurisdiction. Incidentally, that crook has graduated to bank fraud, forging federal and bank documents, and grand larceny...in his last scams he was taking $15,000 or more at a time from people. And thats when we got the feds finally involved. My point? Simple--the more you get the scammers name out there, the more people can avoid being the next one scammed.

If anyone here has questions or youre dealing with someone that ripped you off, feel free to contact me about it. I might be able to help.

Personally since I sell a lot of parts online and especially on tccoa, I would have taken the picture for you. Alot of people don't want to mess with it though.

It seems the newest way of making sure you have something is asking for either a custom angle/pic or having your account page in the background of the picture. It does help people know you actually have the part.

It doesn't mean they will ship it though.

So yeah your request wasn't unreasonable from my perspective but just be prepared that many people aren't as willing as me. Especially when they know the part will sell soon (kooks headers) to someone else who will make it easy for them.

My 2 cents.

Back