Aligment. Problems Still.....ARGH

Ken,

Hold out for a set of Kooks mid length headers and convert the connections to v-bands.

David

Im sure I will go with the kooks. Have to run the car as is for the shootout. The new engine will go in this winter and I will look at doing the headers at that time. To many projects going on right now

Ken

I went to Advanced and got me a set of TRW arms. The guy first told me they were not avail, but after I told him I wanted them really bad he ordered them from the Factory. He showed me that these come with the bushing set that connects to the tie rod, are these good enough for our application? I dont want to spend more then I have to.

I also ordered the header gaskets from the mustang application.

So now I need Wires. I want to try out another set of Taylors but they dont seem to have much protection where the boot meets the headers. Anyone have recomendations? I dont care if they are blue I got rid of my blue theme under my hood anyways. But would be nice to get them though.
Also the set of BBK O2 extenders, teflon seals. And a good old beating by my wife.

.....He showed me that these come with the bushing set that connects to the tie rod, are these good enough for our application? I dont want to spend more then I have to....

Are you talking about the strut-rod to control arm bushings? If so, I'd be very surprised if they were included.

I went to Advanced and got me a set of TRW arms. The guy first told me they were not avail, but after I told him I wanted them really bad he ordered them from the Factory. He showed me that these come with the bushing set that connects to the tie rod, are these good enough for our application? I dont want to spend more then I have to.

I also ordered the header gaskets from the mustang application.

So now I need Wires. I want to try out another set of Taylors but they dont seem to have much protection where the boot meets the headers. Anyone have recomendations? I dont care if they are blue I got rid of my blue theme under my hood anyways. But would be nice to get them though.
Also the set of BBK O2 extenders, teflon seals. And a good old beating by my wife.

Ricardo,

Kept burning the boots and wires on my turbo car headers until I got a set of these DEI boot insulators. No problems since installing them 2 years ago.

http://www.pitstopusa.com/detail.aspx?ID=59917

David

Are you talking about the strut-rod to control arm bushings? If so, I'd be very surprised if they were included.

Yeah the smaller ones where the rod meets the lower control arm. I think they will be supplied. I read somewhere that Duffy got them with the arm but he used the Ford ones instead. Not sure why?

Taylor has a new custom fit. ThunderVolt wires, 8.2MM they are supposed to be an upgrade from the Spiro ones. Anyone run them?

"Get more horsepower just by changing your wires!

These ThunderVolt 8.2 wires from Taylor are an easy, proven, dyno-tested way to gain more power simply by changing your spark plug wires! These factory replacement, ultra-high performance ignition wire sets are loaded with features and benefits, including:

* 50 ohms of resistance per foot
* 100 percent silicone 2-layer jacket
* Ferrite spiral-wound coated core
* RFI and EMI-compatible for all ignition systems
* Dyno-tested to outperform the competition
* Superior spark energy
* Increased horsepower
* Significant torque gains
* Smoother idle
* Improved fuel economy
* Universal, race, and custom-fit sets available"

Yeah the smaller ones where the rod meets the lower control arm. I think they will be supplied. I read somewhere that Duffy got them with the arm but he used the Ford ones instead. Not sure why?

If the TRW arms are SC part numbers, the bushing will be the durometer specific to the SC application. If not, then the bushing will be the durometer specific to the LX and Sport applications which will result in different behavior than the SC. Weather or not you notice this on your already modified car, I'm not sure.

If the TRW arms are SC part numbers, the bushing will be the durometer specific to the SC application. If not, then the bushing will be the durometer specific to the LX and Sport applications which will result in different behavior than the SC. Weather or not you notice this on your already modified car, I'm not sure.

I agree with this statement with regards to the control arm-frame bushings. When I got my TRW arms they did not come with the strut-rod bushings. Unless something changed and/or I got gypped.

Mike thats why I got them. We will see if they supply those multipiece rod bushigs.

I ordered the Wires and O2 extenders from Jegs, The Wires are special order. 7-14 days.

I got BBK-1676
And Taylor 84-6-69 the 6 in the middle is for the blue ones :D

Picking up autolite plugs and teflon seals, and an oil change during my lunch break.

One more question, what oil weight should I be running?

I my engine is fairly new less then 3k in it, I feel 15w-50 is too much for it but I do beat the snot out of it. This will be a summer oil change so what do you guys rec. I dont think I should be running that thick of an oil change.

For Carlisle i was running 10w-30 I think. maybe 40 I cant remember.

I have never seen them with the strut rod bushings included. However, they do include the shock bushing (as they should).

Ricardo, I pressure washed your stock k-member and I'll press out the strut-rod bushings tomorrow. I have a 12ton press so it should be easy. I hope to finish everything up tomorrow. You might even have it for the weekend, painted and ready to go in...no promisses though.

I run Autolite 103's gapped at .035". Have had great luck with them so far. I also picked up some of those washers for my application as well. Five finger discount from my buddy at the stealership

Last edited:
I have never seen them with the strut rod bushings included. However, they do include the shock bushing (as they should).

Ricardo, if your arms don't come with them, I see that Brian Walter has a set that he's selling....

When are you expecting to get the new arms in?

Ricardo, if your arms don't come with them, I see that Brian Walter has a set that he's selling....

When are you expecting to get the new arms in?

Not sure.
Do you have some teflons to spare, think I need three. Ill buy them from you.

And thanks David for the link.

Not sure.
Do you have some teflons to spare, think I need three. Ill buy them from you.

And thanks David for the link.

I only got three of them...and I needed all three. I think you'll only need two, but I'd get some extras. The dealership should have them in stock. I think they are a few bucks each.

As for the boots, I remember seeing some at autozone before....they are with all the chrome/riced out accessories.

I just noticed the price, any cheaper alternatives :( They cost just as much as the wires.

Not that I know of. These are very heavy duty and can handle direct contact with the headers. Prior to these I was using a roll of some reflective stuff intended for heat sheilding hoses. After a few weeks it looked like it was getting burnt and also was allowing spark to ark from one the plug wires to the header.

David

Back