Ford Prices suck!!!!

t birdsally

I went to a Ford parts distributor today and they quoted $1000 for a EGR tranducer for my Bird. I phoned Partsource which is like you guys in BC Lordco and he ordered one for me for $56.19. Ford is a rip off. New moulding for one piece they wanted $300 and for a new oil cooler they wanted $700. I can't believe how expensive these cars are. It's almost as expensice as my 93 Probe GT was. $2000 to replace a starter. You have to take out the whole engine. CRAZY!!!

The only reason Ford's prices are so high is because they are giving the prices for the whole systems.. Most of the time you can not get seperate parts..... If you want I can see what I can do for prices at Ford.... I know the parts manager at Kentwood Ford......

$1000 for an EGR transducer ?? That's way to much, even from a dealer ... the part is about $180 list price, and the labour maybe 3 - 4 hours tops including diagnosis. If you're stuck for anything like that, e-mail me at the address in my sig., maybe I can help out ... I can ship to the west coast, that's no problem.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Thanks guys. Hey Matt my uncle used to work at Kentwood but he's on Medical leave right now. It would help so much, being a chick guys I swear boost up the price. I need to do some work on the car soon but someone is coming to look at it tomorrow so maybe they'll buy it. Otherwise I will take up your offers.

Back