Warning Chime Module

Knightwing

As mine seems to work but only faintly, I am looking for a good module that rings properly. If you have one, give a price and include shipping to 37388.

Thanks, Chuck

I have a 90 SC that I am currently parting out.....

Where is the chime module located and is there any way of bench testing it, as the car has been heavily parted out.....:rolleyes:

It is located behind the glove box :). Its a black module with a white connector with 7 wires on mine. I am not sure :confused: of a way to bench test one. I have spent 2 hours just trying to get mine to work and it will get a little louder but only if I put some pressure on the box but I am not sure of how to fix it. I just wanted to have the chime working as my daughter has already left the lights on without realizing it and drained the battery :p. The key in the ignition chime doesnt work at all as I need the switch connector at the Key cylinder :mad: I just discovered mine was broken. I think someone has sabotaged this one to get it so it doesnt work;)

lol ;) yes I will feel better knowing that the chime does warn us (me or my Daughter) if the lights are still on :) I am older now and forget sometimes too lol. Its bad when you go out to start the car and it doesnt do anything and your cables are elsewhere :D

Chuck
What year is your car.
I was able to fix the one in my 90. If I remember right there are a couple kinds out there. I spent about an hour trying to come up with way to bench test and never did find a way. The 90 has the older style - I might be able to give you a couple ideas. I should still have some pics.

dbd

What is the part number on yours.....

I tested three of them on my 92 and found two of them to be faint and the other was very loud.....

However, none of them worked when the lights were left on....:confused:

Am I missing something here......

Back