1990 Super Coupe All Rebuilt

jediwrench

1990 Thunderbird Super Coupe.

I am a certified Master Mechanic and I built this car to be my son's first car. I cut no corners.

The car was originally red. It was professionally painted black. The right rocker panel was cut out and replaced. There is no clear coat on this car. It has been wet sanded and buffed only--resulting in a finish that looks like black water.

I rebuilt the engine. Cylinders were bored .030 over. The only item not rebuilt was the blower. I have engine oil analysis available for oil changes since the rebuild.

The transmission is an automatic and I completely rebuilt it down to the very last brass bushing. I put blue friction discs and Kolene steel discs in. I added a street/strip shift kit and made all modifications suggested by Steve Younger in his manual for that transmission http://www.trannybuilder.com/z-store/younger-info.html. The shift kit gives a WOT upshift into overdrive. I also put a mustang torque converter back in. I have a stock valve body for the transmission that goes with the sale.

The following items were replaced:
Radiator
Every belt and hose.
Battery
All brakes and rotors and calipers
U-joints
Driver and passenger window motors.
Driver and passenger window and door lock switches.
A/C clutch and receiver dryer. (The A/C is very cold.)
Front seats professionally recovered in pleather.
Mufflers
Headlamp housings and foglamps.
New fuel pump.
New Bridgestone tires.

I added a remote start system with keyless entry. It has an amp and sub woofer, CD player. The sound system has plenty of power and sounds excellent. The deck is a Pioneer Premier. The amp is a Kicker and the sub woofer is a JL. In door speakers are Lightning audio.

The car has red underbody neon lights that have gone out of style but still looks very, very cool.

I rebuilt the car at 178.000 miles and now it has 190,000 miles. It has been stored the last 3 winters since my son is in college.

Why am I selling it? After paying for 2 private colleges and a wedding, I am financially embarrassed. I didn't let my son take it to college because I couldn't bear the thought of that car sitting in a college student parking lot with a foot of snow on it all winter.

It needs a new switch for the drivers power seat and the power steering pump replaced. It is a northern Ohio car so there is rust on the underside but the outside looks very clean.

I am asking $4,500.00 for the car.

You can see it here:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=264403451&dealer_id=64306059&car_year=1990&rdm=1247964454411&model=TBIRD&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1990&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&sownerid=53821590&showZipError=y&make=FORD&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=p&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=44870&advanced=&end_year=1990&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=0&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

Last edited:
Very nice SC. I wish I had the money because with that kind of rebuild, car is definately worth close to what youre asking. Good luck selling!

well worth the dough. where would anyone buy a basically new motor and trans. in a car like that for 5 or 6 grand. NICE JOB!!

Price reduced

Hi All,

I am reducing the price on my car down to $3,900.00. It makes me sick to do it but I must sell the car.

Back