burned to the ground!!!!!!!RIP 35th anny

nwnsc

CHECK YOUR WIREING!!!!!! the pic says it all:mad::(

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 428
driveing down the road when it started smoking from the back seat.smell was wireing buring. pulled over as fast as i could and got out by that time the back seat was going up in flames. me and dustin looked at each other and said get back it lost:( I just put back on the road after 8 months, drove it for 1 hour. after i sold the car to the tow truck for scrap i still owed the tow $50 for removeal and clean up

Last edited:
still owed the tow $50 for removeal and clean up

Whats whacked is one of those guys had to hear you say you just got it back after 8 months of sitting. People just dont understand sometimes that a car is like children to a person, Priceless! And they still rub you for the $50.

That would have me so ~~~~! More so than the car burning.

driveing down the road when it started smoking from the back seat.smell was wireing buring. pulled over as fast as i could and got out by that time the back seat was going up in flames. me and dustin looked at each other and said get back it lost:( I just put back on the road after 8 months, drove it for 1 hour. after i sold the car to the tow truck for scrap i still owed the tow $50 for removeal and clean up

Sorry for your loss, but did you not have insurance?

Wow... sorry man. I can't believe you got a picture of it. If it were my car, i think i would be so upset that i just wouldn't be able to take a pic of it. Any idea of where the electrical fire could have started?

Could this have been caused by the fuel pump wiring? If my memory serves me right I've heard that some have found frayed wiring at the fuel pump when updating their pump.

started in driver side back seat where all the wiring for the back hafe of the car runs under the seat. it flamed up in less than a min. there was nothing i could do but watch her burn.:eek:

Could this have been caused by the fuel pump wiring? If my memory serves me right I've heard that some have found frayed wiring at the fuel pump when updating their pump.

This is exactly why I replaced mine recently. The gasoline had dissolved the electrical connector to the fuel pump/sending unit. I was GLAD I found that...

So sorry for the loss! Do you think you could you have stopped it if you had a fire extinguisher handy? I was going to mount one in the trunk...but now maybe I should find a more accessible location! :eek: Engine / car fires are something that really bothers me to think about. SCARY. Glad you all got out before too late!!!

Do you think you could you have stopped it if you had a fire extinguisher handy? I was going to mount one in the trunk...
Its never a bad idea to have a fire extinguisher handy. As for wiring causing a fire... from the area described I don't know of any problems around there. The problems I've run across on my red+black cars were due to poor or improperly done mods or reassembly. That is wires were pinched when things were hurridly or carelessly reinstalled. Better to take your time, be careful and inspect things as you go along than to risk damage IMO. A view not often shared by others. :rolleyes: On the other hand however, I've LEARNED some things the hard way in the past. :eek:

Most of the car fires Ive seen all started in the dash or engine compartment ... what happened with the back seat ?? Did you try to flick a cigarette out the window or something ?

- Dan

This prompted me to go and order a 5lb extinquisher for my car today.... something I've been meaning to do and never got to it.

Fraser

i wish mine would have burnt up, would of got twice as much for it.:eek:
As for the original poster im sorry to see that your car burned completely up.

i tryed to use a extinquisher I got from the harley davison dealer(that the car was burning at) but by the time i got it it was to late:(
Most of the car fires Ive seen all started in the dash or engine compartment ... what happened with the back seat ?? Did you try to flick a cigarette out the window or something ?

- Dan
no, I was still smoking it at the time:rolleyes: I think a wire must have got pinched when i packed every sc part i own in the car, put it on a trailer, drove 2000 miles than let it set for 8 months while i took every thing out and saved up to put the parts it needed and plates. earlyer that morning of the fire I put over $300 in it to get it on the road:eek::(

Back