Official Results from 7/29

Kurt K

SCCoA Member
Bret Kepner said:
JULY 29th, 2009 STLSR.COM SPORT TUNER SHOWDOWN FINAL ROUND

Pos Name Hometown ST Vehicle R.T. ET MPH

W Kurt Kreisz St. Louis, MO 92 232 Thunderbird 0.161 12.273 112.74
RU Sean Kennedy St. Charles, MO 87 231 Regal 0.363 12.516 109.54

Kurt Kreisz, whose 232-cubic inch V6 Thunderbird Super Coupe scored its first victory on July 22nd, became one of only eight drivers to have earned two consecutive titles in the St. Louis Street Racing.com Sport Tuner Showdown. The Missourian’s black Ford also led qualifying for the second straight week and was the only Sport Tuner entry to qualify in the Super Sixteen field of the Street Car Shootout.

A 12.26/112.42 effort put the T-Bird ahead of Sean Kennedy‘s turbocharged 231-inch black ‘87 Buick Regal, (12.48/108.69), during qualifying and those two efforts ended the incredible streak of Dan Harris, whose 232-inch ”Six Bang ‘Stang” ‘04 Mustang had appeared in the Tuner Showdown for a record nine consecutive events dating back to April 21st.

Had qualifying lasted a bit longer, Harris would’ve been in the final round again. His best effort during the official qualifying sessions was a 12.62/105.57 but, fifty minutes after qualifying had ended, Harris unleashed a 12.28/107.87 which would’ve made the show! The rest of the Top Five Tuners included Paul Weishaar’s All-Wheel-Drive six-cylinder 2004 BMW 135i, (an absolute best-ever 12.69/110.08), and Kyle Bement’s extremely impressive 245-inch V6-powered 2006 Mustang, (13.15/108.47).

Kennedy’s Regal, the first V6 Buick to appear in a final round since Scott Keller’s white T-Type won the June 10th title, had been running consistent 12.40s throughout the month of July. In his first Sport Tuner final round, however, the Buick slipped to a 12.51/109.54 and Kreisz, aided by a massive two-tenths holeshot, cruised to a 12.27/112.74 victory.

“The car was about as consistent as its ever been tonight”, said Kreisz accepting his second winner’s plaque of the season. “I didn‘t change anything from last week but I did experience a bit more tire spin this time which is probably why I slowed from the 12.05 I ran last week. The guys on Thunderbird Underground were pretty pumped about last week’s win so they’ll really like two in a row!”. Meanwhile, Kennedy was quick to give all credit to his father and crewchief, Pat, who tuned the Regal into the final round. “I guess you could say he‘s my only sponsor“, laughed Sean, who is a regular on the Turbo Buick.com website forums. “He’s the guy who makes this possible. We race it together but he makes a lot of the tuning calls”. Added Pat, “We’ve been sneaking up on the right combination and the car is responding. The goal is to get it in the eleven-second zone and we’re getting closer”.

7-29STSSWINNERKREISZ.jpg

Kurt Kreisz, St. Louis, MO 1992 232 Thunderbird SC

7-29STSSRUKENNEDY.jpg

What isn't mentioned is that I ran two 12.27's and one 12.26 for the night.

Last edited:
I'm not letting you slow that thing down for the Shootout. :p

Way to go beating that Buick! Glad someone is having fun with their SC this year.

I'm not letting you slow that thing down for the Shootout. :p

Way to go beating that Buick! Glad someone is having fun with their SC this year.

This thing is slowing itself down :confused: Anyway, unless I start getting into the 11's consistantly I'm putting the passenger seat, spare tire and jack back in the car :rolleyes:

Actually, beating the Buick is what people noticed :) I had several comments after the race.

Last edited:
This will help

Kurt,
Great job, very nice times indeed. Have you looked into getting rid of those heavy a$$ front Cobra R's for a much lighter wheel/tire combo. I know just in the 1/8 mile I picked up about a tenth just changing out to some aluminum spares with skinny street tires.

Of course if you have cobra brakes, then you may be out of luck with out having a deeper wallet :( .

Again great job!!

Take care,
Smitty

Congrats again. I wish the buicks around here were that slow, and the supras.

That sounds liike a fun series you guys got over there.

Congrats again. I wish the buicks around here were that slow, and the supras.

That sounds liike a fun series you guys got over there.

There's a GN that holds the V6 ET and mph records for the series:
6CYL Tony Shoaff, Mechanicsburg, IL 87 Regal 231 Buick 9.848 10/14/2008
6CYL Tony Shoaff, Mechanicsburg, IL 87 Regal 231 Buick 136.69 10/14/2008

and this VW has been down for repairs:
FWD Adam Corbitt, St. Charles, MO 85 Golf 123 Volks 10.989 05/06/2008
FWD Adam Corbitt, St. Charles, MO 85 Golf 123 Volks 134.87 05/06/2008

The weather hasn't been that great and I think a lot of people have been avoiding the track. I usually don't go this often, but decided not to take my car off the trailer when I returned from Joilet....then returned last week since I won the week before. I don't plan on going back for a while since I've got a bunch of home projects I need to attend to.

Back