Scary encounter

Rob91

Had a scary encounter with a rock falling of a truck the other day. Luckily I was only going at about 30 mph at time of impact.. The good thing is that I now finally will get a brand new windscreen :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_7476_resize.JPG
    IMG_7476_resize.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_7466_resize.JPG
    IMG_7466_resize.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_7477_resize.JPG
    IMG_7477_resize.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 119
Had a scary encounter with a rock falling of a truck the other day. Luckily I was only going at about 30 mph at time of impact.. The good thing is that I now finally will get a brand new windscreen :cool:

The trucking company going to take care of that for you? In nearly every state I'm aware of, they are required to secure their loads. That rock looks too big to have come from between the tire treads. (tire tread rocks are just road debris, but stuff falling off the truck is their fault.)

Yea, definitely the driver’s responsibility to secure the load, but it was an oncoming truck, so it was gone before I had a chance to turn around. I bet the driver never saw what happened.

That orange thing is a tool to break the tempered glass on the doors if needed to escape the car when the windows won't lower (like if partially submerged in water).

Back