1995 SC 5-Speed in SoCal

96SCbird

That's right, here's your chance to own one of the rarest MN12s ever produced. Only 574 5-speeds are recorded as being manufactured during the Super Coupe's final year of production.

First, some basics. The car is Pearl Opalescent White with approximately 119k miles on the clock. It is equipped with a sunroof that works and does not leak water. The interior is in good condition (only cosmetic issue is the rubber on the trim panels coming off in some places) with two things to note: 1) The original SC seats have been replaced with standard LX seats. 2) The interior was originally tan but now has a black painted dash, black carpet, and gray leather seats.

Here's the very good of the car. The drivetrain is in excellent condition. The engine runs extremely well and the transmission doesn't grind going into any gears. I average 23-25 MPG using this as my commuter car. The powertrain is 100% stock, no OD pullies, no porting, no chip, just pure as it was from the factory. The following upgrades and services have been performed on the vehicle:

• High Capacity Griffin Aluminum Radiator
  • Chuck W. Motor Mounts
  • Addco 1.25" Rear Sway Bar
  • Eibach 1.5" Lowering Springs
  • Koni Adjustable Shocks (ARC delete)
  • B&M Ripper Shifter
  • Drilled/Slotted Rotors w/High-Performance Pads
  • JVC KD-HDR30 Head Unit w/Bluetooth Module
  • Magnaflow High-Flow Primary Catalytic Converters
  • Flowmaster Catback w/Resonator
  • Aftermarket 5-spoke Silver Painted Wheels
  • New A/C Condenser, Accumulator, & Orifice Tube
  • New Water Pump
  • New Power Steering Pump
  • New Rack & Pinion
  • Rebuilt Front Suspension
  • Poly Rear Knuckle Bushings

Here's the bad. I bought this car after it was involved in an accident. Most of the following damage is from this accident, but there are some other small cosmetic issues. Also to note is that the factory fog lights are no longer on the vehicle.

• Passenger Quarter Panel: main impact right behind the door
  • Passenger Side GFX: broken where impact of quarter panel is
  • Passenger Door: scrapes and wrinkles from rubbing against car
  • Passenger Front Fender: crunched a bit by the corner light from impact
  • Front Bumper Cover: perfectly fine condition but a different color (pulled from junkyard)
  • Hood: curled a little at passenger corner light and nose
  • Trunk Lid: Dent above left LED tail light
  • Driver Quarter Panel: small ding by the quarter window

With a replacement quarter panel, door, fender, hood and some paint, the car will be near perfect. I have priced it out and if all the parts were sourced from a junkyard, parts alone would be less than $300, and labor/paint an additional amount depending on where you go.

Here are pictures of the car as I bought it. The pictures detail the damage described above and no additional damage has occurred to the vehicle. The only difference now is that it has a new windshield, green bumper cover, replacement header panel, and new lights up front.

SC01.jpg

SC02.jpg

SC03.jpg

SC04.jpg

SC05.jpg

SC06.jpg

SC07.jpg

SC08.jpg

SC09.jpg

SC10.jpg

SC11.jpg

I am asking for $2,100.

Those who have a true appreciation of these cars will realize that this is a good price for what they are getting, even with the body damage. With a perfect body and all the upgrades this car has, it would easily be worth $4,500 or more, especially with the relatively low mileage, but the body damage is significant enough to merit a significant price reduction.

I am located in the Southern California area (the Antelope Valley/High Desert, more specifically), so anyone who is interested is welcome to contact me to come see it and test drive it. This really is a beauty and a rare package and a REALLY fun car to drive, but as it stands I have 5 cars and am about to get my 6th!!

Last edited:
your car.

I was wondering if you had any recent pics? I cant ask on TCCOA yet so i figured your ad here was just as good. if you could send pics and the price you are looking to get to zoglike@yahoo.com i would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Josh

that thing's totaled!

From an insurance company's point of view, yes it would be totaled. But it has not been totaled by any insurance company, and the only reason it would be is the quarter panel. All the damage to the car is sheet metal. The frame/unibody has been inspected and no problems found. It will take some work, but this car can be looking brand new again.

And for those asking the price, it is listed in the first post. It has since been reduced since the A/C developed a leak.

Back