Symptoms of Trunk Switch outage

RedSC93

I search for any symptoms that members had found to fix the push button truck switch or any other problems there are. Mines not working, and its the last of my electric issues. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jerry

Last edited:
try to check if the button has power. what i did was pull the button out, with a volt meter , the ignition on .see if their is any power . only one side will have power until you press the button once you press the button the other side should have power if not most likely the button is bad . if the button has power find the same color wire on the trunk motor check it with the volt meter while some one hits the button. if that wire has power make sure the mounting bolts that connect the motor to the trunk are not rusted, that where its grounds out . if that's all good most likely the motor is bad it happens.

try to check if the button has power. what i did was pull the button out, with a volt meter , the ignition on .see if their is any power . only one side will have power until you press the button once you press the button the other side should have power if not most likely the button is bad . if the button has power find the same color wire on the trunk motor check it with the volt meter while some one hits the button. if that wire has power make sure the mounting bolts that connect the motor to the trunk are not rusted, that where its grounds out . if that's all good most likely the motor is bad it happens.

Thanks for the quick reply its a little dark now to check and the rain is falling as well as some trees.. :eek:

Jerry

WOW THAT IS NOT GOOD, that how I had to replace mine a few years ago in a normal t-bird I think they are the same at that point......

Back