SSHS9 Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout 9 (GA)

mlschultz

Mark your calendars for November 7, 2009! The website is now open for registration to the Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout 9 at Atlanta Dragway located in Commerce, Georgia!

Enroll early, and take advantage of early registration discounting! Register at SSHS9.COM This event, features 4000 pound and up rear drive American "fat cars" and trucks with driver, that 1/4 mile drag race for both handicap bracket and heads up trophy's! See how your ride stacks up against the other heavyweight contenders!

This is the 9th year of this grass roots event put on for racers, by racers! We are also happy to announce the addition of a judged car show this year, along with a open test and tune for those that do not make the weight or choose not to bracket race, so there is something to do for everyone!

We are looking for volunteers to help with the event, so if you can spare an hour or so the day of the event, go to the new SSHS message board: SSHS Message Board Forum and get on the volunteer list!

See you at the track!

I thinks the 10.90 class needs to be 10.0. The class D last year only had 3 or so cars in it. And the marauders that have cages are quit a bit quicker that 10.90.

I will get this over on the sshs forum too.

Glen, aka RatSSled, on the Impala boards, is running the 10.90 Pro Street class at SSHS9. Here is his description of the 10.90 class, and the rules. This is going to be a cool class to watch, and race in!

In case there are some that don't know what this class is about or want more information in order to decide, well it's basically a bracket race and a grudge run on a pro tree. However, the dial is predetermined and everyone dials 10.90 regardless of what they ran in qualifying. Both cars leave at the same time just like in a grudge run, except it's done on a pro tree just like the big dogs.

To make it even more fun, and give the slower cars a chance, the pairings will be based on a sportsman ladder. That means that the #1 qualifier runs the #9 qualifier, #2 vs. #10, etc. all the way to #8 vs. #16.

The idea here is to get your car running as close to 10.90 as possible. If you have to speed up, then crank in some more power, remove weight (down to 4,000 lbs) etc. If you run under 10.90, then take some power out, add some weight (in an approved manner) or deep stage. The closer you can get to a 10.90 the better.

So, in summary:
Heads UP on a .400 Pro Tree
Every car dials 10.90
16 Car field
Sportsman ladder based on ET (Closest to 10.90)
Normal Breakout rules, such that the most under dial loses.
Rules:
.400 Pro tree heads up on 7 second auto start
Min weight 4,000 lbs
Full bodied street cars only - No tube chassis cars
Tubbed and non tubbed cars allowed
Deep staging allowed but starter will not hold tree *
DOT and slick tires allowed
Open headers permitted
No electronics (trans brakes, throttle stops, delay boxes, etc. prohibited)
Car and driver must meet NHRA and track safety rules
Gasoline only, no alcohol
NHRA sportsman ladder used for eliminations
* Deep staging allowed but starter will not hold tree. When both prestage lights are activated auto start will be activated. When the 1st stage light is activated, the other competitor will have 7 seconds (subject to change depending on track settings) to get staged or they will be timed out.

Attention pre-registered SSHS9 Racers, I have started the Unofficial SSHS9 Participant Roster, and have posted it on the SSHS9 web site.

To get your name on the roster, simply click on the following link, and follow the instructions on the SSHS9 web site. Let's see how you stack up against the competition! http://www.sshs9.com/roser.html

Two weeks to go! Do you have what it takes to keep up with the old man in the Lincoln? Come on... Bring it! :)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/SSHS8-The-Mark-1175112080_197859.htm
197859.jpg
SSHS8 The Mark 11.751@120.80

Are you ready for SSHS9? I am... :)

DSC02340.JPG

DSC02342.JPG

Here is another angle - one that my competition will see! Get use to it! lol :)

DSC02344.JPG

Hope everyone had a great time. lol This event is like Christmas for me, and I look very much forward to it every year. Those that have never been to the shootout, have no clue what they are missing out on - it is that good! Thanks to all the volunteers, and sponsors that worked so hard to put this gig on every year! :)

Congratulations to all the winners, and my condolences to all the wounded warriors. 364 days to the next shootout, so you better hurry and get your junk fixed! :)

Here is a link to some pictures from the track photographer. See you all next year for SSHS10!

http://www.gouldphoto.com/Drag-Racing-2009/SSHS9-November-7-2009

Back