35th Anniversary 5-speed for sale

infinityexperie

I have placed this ad on Houston craigslist and the classified section here on sccoa.com as well.

5-Speed 35th Anniversary edition Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe. The government is willing to give me $3500 as a cash for clunker car but I'd rather see this rare car go to someone who would like to fix it. For this reason I am asking for $3500 to match what the government is offering me although I would consider a very close offer if money is an issue for the buyer. I would love to keep it but I am in college and have no place to keep it/work on it and no time to continue fixing a 20 year old vehicle. Looking to purchase a brand new 2009 cobalt SS ( sorry for the sell out guys )! As you know these cars were not heavily produced, I have read only ~1100 of these 5-speed cars were ever made and the 35th registry lists that its possible as little as 147 were made. http://www.35thatr.org/Announcements.htm

The car needs work and is currently not holding power steering fluid and has some kind of brake issue which maybe as simple as changing the pump relay from what I have read (the pump will either not turn on or will run continuously, nothing in between). Radio is missing to do a break in a few months back but I have another radio you can put in. 123,xxx miles, A/C charged a few months back and works great. Interior is in pretty good shape other than the front seats which have dried out in the sun and torn. Have some performance parts which can go with the car for an extra 300 otherwise they will be sold separately (after the car goes, i will post the items seperately if this happens).

This car will hit the graveyard in two weeks if there is no interest!

Will post pictures once I find a SD card reader. Feel free to post or PM questions. Hope somebody will save this piece of history.
Clean Texas title, cash only please. Thanks for looking.

Hmmmm.. Doubt you're going to get that for it. They need to be in very good condition for that. As much as I hate to say it, you're probably better off "clunk"ing it. :(

DAMN,
WHAT A WASTE!!!!

$3500 for that is YES too much! HATE THAT PROGRAM when it applies to stuff like this! NOW IF my son had a good job it would be GREAT to get money for our POS plain jane T-Bird on a good new car.
But watching it go to the crusher and knowing they are pouring that engine killing goo in it breaks my heart!!!

On the plus side...
anyone owning a 5-speed 35th-er... yours just increased in value a little!

I have placed this ad on Houston craigslist and the classified section here on sccoa.com as well.

5-Speed 35th Anniversary edition Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe. The government is willing to give me $3500 as a cash for clunker car but I'd rather see this rare car go to someone who would like to fix it. For this reason I am asking for $3500 to match what the government is offering me although I would consider a very close offer if money is an issue for the buyer. I would love to keep it but I am in college and have no place to keep it/work on it and no time to continue fixing a 20 year old vehicle. Looking to purchase a brand new 2009 cobalt SS ( sorry for the sell out guys )! As you know these cars were not heavily produced, I have read only ~1100 of these 5-speed cars were ever made and the 35th registry lists that its possible as little as 147 were made. http://www.35thatr.org/Announcements.htm

The car needs work and is currently not holding power steering fluid and has some kind of brake issue which maybe as simple as changing the pump relay from what I have read (the pump will either not turn on or will run continuously, nothing in between). Radio is missing to do a break in a few months back but I have another radio you can put in. 123,xxx miles, A/C charged a few months back and works great. Interior is in pretty good shape other than the front seats which have dried out in the sun and torn. Have some performance parts which can go with the car for an extra 300 otherwise they will be sold separately (after the car goes, i will post the items seperately if this happens).

This car will hit the graveyard in two weeks if there is no interest!

Will post pictures once I find a SD card reader. Feel free to post or PM questions. Hope somebody will save this piece of history.
Clean Texas title, cash only please. Thanks for looking.

Good luck with the sale but the truth is that is just to much for a car that needs work. Also good luck with the cash for clunkers. News said that might end this weekend if Obama chooses too.

i've been looking for a 35th 5spd

would you be interested in a trade? i have a 95 chevy beretta that should
qualify as a clunker... i'd be more than willing to drive that out there
asap you still get your 3500 and i get the sc... sound like a deal?

post 500

still wont work

according to the c4c guidelines your vehicle must have a combined economy of less than 18mpgs

the supercoupe doesn't qualify for cash 4 clunkers

18 mpg or less. My 95 fits in there but I backed out since the bird is paid for and I dont want a car payment.

whiplash15 is correct, one year of owenership insured with no breaks is required so I won't be doing any trades guys, sorry.

Decipha is incorrect. This car, according to CARS.gov has an estimated combined fuel economy of 18mpg and therefore qualifies.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/CarsResult1.jsp?column=1&id=6827

Decipha: It would have taken you 2 minutes on the government website to find this out. Please don't post comments about something unless you are willing to make sure your facts are correct. Thanks.

1 more week guys, please somebody save this car if you can.

You have to get a loan when you trade her in as a clunker. Not everyone can afford that. After Monday that car will be worth less than $400 as scrap metal? :cool:

That program is a total crock. I hope everyone who takes part in it gets screwed from the dealers to the suckers who trade anything for a "green" ecofagly car.

whiplash15 is correct, one year of owenership insured with no breaks is required so I won't be doing any trades guys, sorry.

Decipha is incorrect. This car, according to CARS.gov has an estimated combined fuel economy of 18mpg and therefore qualifies.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/CarsResult1.jsp?column=1&id=6827

Decipha: It would have taken you 2 minutes on the government website to find this out. Please don't post comments about something unless you are willing to make sure your facts are correct. Thanks.

1 more week guys, please somebody save this car if you can.

Its sad that not only do you waste a good SC, but you also bash another SCer (Decipha). Hes is one of the few SCer that go out of there way to save a SC from the scrap yard, I know this cause he bought one of mine. He is also one that will go out of his way to help out any other SCer. If you had any common sense you would know that the dealerships are dying to sell cars, and you could talk them down 3500 on any car without a clunker/trade in. I know this cause I talked them down 5500 for my Cadillac without a trade in or a clunker, Just WORDS. So save your sarcastic remarks for a cobalt forum. Good luck with your new car!

Its sad that not only do you waste a good SC, but you also bash another SCer (Decipha). Hes is one of the few SCer that go out of there way to save a SC from the scrap yard, I know this cause he bought one of mine. He is also one that will go out of his way to help out any other SCer. If you had any common sense you would know that the dealerships are dying to sell cars, and you could talk them down 3500 on any car without a clunker/trade in. I know this cause I talked them down 5500 for my Cadillac without a trade in or a clunker, Just WORDS. So save your sarcastic remarks for a cobalt forum. Good luck with your new car!

Yeah good luck with that one lung crap basket funded with my tax dollars.

I don't see the point with arguing here since all I am doing is trying to get the most money for the vehicle as possible, we all know (and it's been posted here) its not worth $3500 unless someone truly wants it. And I didn't realize it was wrong to correct someone who posted blatantly false information which is easily obtainable (which also hinders the sale of somebody's item). I suppose we should all be able to post information without knowing if its true or not.

If you guys are mad because the car is going to the scrapyard that's fine but there's no reason to bash a college student from trying to get the most out of something. Would you have liked it better if I didn't give someone a chance to save it?

I know I can talk down the price of a car, possibly by an extra $3500, but what does that have to do with getting $3500 for the car? Are you saying I shouldn't try to save $7000 if I can? Should I sell it for $1500 and pretend that the extra $2000 isn't worth 4 months rent, half my tuition, or a large chunk of a down payment?

Truth is I don't think anyone can blame me for the decision, does it suck to see the car go? YES, but when I can drive a few hundred miles knowing I have a reliable car for way less than it's worth I'll be smiling all the way. Sorry if you can't feel good about someone helping themselves. :cool:

If you haven't done it yet, I don't think you'll be able to. I think the papers had to be filed by noon today - after that, the program is done.

-Melon

I don't see the point with arguing here since all I am doing is trying to get the most money for the vehicle as possible, we all know (and it's been posted here) its not worth $3500 unless someone truly wants it. And I didn't realize it was wrong to correct someone who posted blatantly false information which is easily obtainable (which also hinders the sale of somebody's item). I suppose we should all be able to post information without knowing if its true or not.

If you guys are mad because the car is going to the scrapyard that's fine but there's no reason to bash a college student from trying to get the most out of something. Would you have liked it better if I didn't give someone a chance to save it?

I know I can talk down the price of a car, possibly by an extra $3500, but what does that have to do with getting $3500 for the car? Are you saying I shouldn't try to save $7000 if I can? Should I sell it for $1500 and pretend that the extra $2000 isn't worth 4 months rent, half my tuition, or a large chunk of a down payment?

Truth is I don't think anyone can blame me for the decision, does it suck to see the car go? YES, but when I can drive a few hundred miles knowing I have a reliable car for way less than it's worth I'll be smiling all the way. Sorry if you can't feel good about someone helping themselves. :cool:

There's no point in getting into a pissing match so Ill try not to make any stupid remarks. Yes you did right in getting on here to try to offer up the car. I don't believe he blatantly posted false info, just assumed what he said was true. Don't see how it hinders the sell, You got me on that one. If anything hindered it it was the first post that said its not worth 3500. I guess..... what your doing is best, for you .... I wouldn't do it but I care more about my car then most of my family. Hate to see it go but if it has to well there's nothing I can do about it. If i had the money id buy it from you my self, but i don't. And seriously Good luck not being sarcastic cause if the car goes to waste for no reason, it's even more pointless. Just be careful in your final decision cause you may regret it latter on in life, trust me been there done that with other cars and car notes can realy hurt ya. Plus full coverage car insurence dosn't help either.

Wow what a sad sad thing this is sending a RARE SC to its death. It would be cheaper for you to just fix the car thats paid for. You repairs would be about the same as your car payment. Why dont you try to trade it for a good gas getter. It might not be a 2010 cobolt but it would get the job done and it would be paid for and you wouldn't be sending a rare sc to the junk yard. After you get outta college you could get your car.

She got a good home.

Way to bring back an old post! I'm still subscribed so I got the update and I suppose I owe my fellow SC community an update...

The car is gone, however, it found the perfect home! It sold on ebay for a thousand bucks to an owner who is to restore the car to its prior beauty. Inside, outside, under the hood... EVERYTHING!

Didn't go with the cash for clunkers as I decided to get a used vehicle, 2006 GTO M6 w/ 15k, rather than the SS which I am extremely happy with my decision. Car max didn't want to give me anything for the SC so ebay was the holy ground. Haven't heard any updates on the restore as of yet.

IMG00028-20091016-1901.jpg

This bring to mind I have some performance stuff which never made its way onto the car and some other left over parts which I'll try to get onto the FS section later tonight. SCP 3" intake, K&N cone, BBK TB, 70mm MAF, other random stuff.

Hope everyone is happy with the outcome, I know I am! Now back to studying my last masters course :D Hoorah

Saw your name on the GTO forums the other day and was going to send you a message. I just picked up a 05. Looks like there are a lot of GTO guys in the Houston area too.

Back