Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 35th Anniversary 5-speed for sale

If you haven't done it yet, I don't think you'll be able to. I think the papers had to be filed by noon today - after that, the program is done.

-Melon

Quote Originally Posted by infinityexperie View Post
    I don't see the point with arguing here since all I am doing is trying to get the most money for the vehicle as possible, we all know (and it's been posted here) its not worth $3500 unless someone truly wants it. And I didn't realize it was wrong to correct someone who posted blatantly false information which is easily obtainable (which also hinders the sale of somebody's item). I suppose we should all be able to post information without knowing if its true or not.

If you guys are mad because the car is going to the scrapyard that's fine but there's no reason to bash a college student from trying to get the most out of something. Would you have liked it better if I didn't give someone a chance to save it?

I know I can talk down the price of a car, possibly by an extra $3500, but what does that have to do with getting $3500 for the car? Are you saying I shouldn't try to save $7000 if I can? Should I sell it for $1500 and pretend that the extra $2000 isn't worth 4 months rent, half my tuition, or a large chunk of a down payment?

Truth is I don't think anyone can blame me for the decision, does it suck to see the car go? YES, but when I can drive a few hundred miles knowing I have a reliable car for way less than it's worth I'll be smiling all the way. Sorry if you can't feel good about someone helping themselves.
    There's no point in getting into a pissing match so Ill try not to make any stupid remarks. Yes you did right in getting on here to try to offer up the car. I don't believe he blatantly posted false info, just assumed what he said was true. Don't see how it hinders the sell, You got me on that one. If anything hindered it it was the first post that said its not worth 3500. I guess..... what your doing is best, for you .... I wouldn't do it but I care more about my car then most of my family. Hate to see it go but if it has to well there's nothing I can do about it. If i had the money id buy it from you my self, but i don't. And seriously Good luck not being sarcastic cause if the car goes to waste for no reason, it's even more pointless. Just be careful in your final decision cause you may regret it latter on in life, trust me been there done that with other cars and car notes can realy hurt ya. Plus full coverage car insurence dosn't help either.

Wow what a sad sad thing this is sending a RARE SC to its death. It would be cheaper for you to just fix the car thats paid for. You repairs would be about the same as your car payment. Why dont you try to trade it for a good gas getter. It might not be a 2010 cobolt but it would get the job done and it would be paid for and you wouldn't be sending a rare sc to the junk yard. After you get outta college you could get your car.

She got a good home.

Way to bring back an old post! I'm still subscribed so I got the update and I suppose I owe my fellow SC community an update...

The car is gone, however, it found the perfect home! It sold on ebay for a thousand bucks to an owner who is to restore the car to its prior beauty. Inside, outside, under the hood... EVERYTHING!

Didn't go with the cash for clunkers as I decided to get a used vehicle, 2006 GTO M6 w/ 15k, rather than the SS which I am extremely happy with my decision. Car max didn't want to give me anything for the SC so ebay was the holy ground. Haven't heard any updates on the restore as of yet.

This bring to mind I have some performance stuff which never made its way onto the car and some other left over parts which I'll try to get onto the FS section later tonight. SCP 3" intake, K&N cone, BBK TB, 70mm MAF, other random stuff.

Hope everyone is happy with the outcome, I know I am! Now back to studying my last masters course Hoorah

Saw your name on the GTO forums the other day and was going to send you a message. I just picked up a 05. Looks like there are a lot of GTO guys in the Houston area too.

If I didnt have this other wallet drainer anniversary I would be all over a Blue 05-06 GTO. But after racing one with my blue car I was quite dissapointed with it I though it was going to put up a better fight. I still like those cars. Good luck with the GTO, should have finished school first but thats just my opinion, which i did not listen when i was in school.
    1994 Supercoupe 5spd Custom Modded. 2010 Shootout-Best Custom Award-415WHP off the bottle-12.2535 @112.18 off the bottle. Best HP to date 445whp Best TQ to date 516ft/lbs Modified with the 1% $$
    1990 35th 5spd 2011 Carlisle 1st place class winner. 12.9@108MPH 1.9/60fts Modified with the 99% $$
    2 SCs 12sec club member.

If i would have known you were letting it go for $1G instead of $3.5G it would probably be sitting in my driveway right now

$1000!!
    HELL YEAH we would have had a bidding war here on SCCOA for that price!

Glad your happy with your decision and new purchase.
    SCCoA Member #436 since 1997, US Army(Retired)
    '90 SC Auto, Red; '72 Ford Gran Torino Formal Roof, 302/C4, Frame off Resto in progress!
    '83 Ford F250, 2WD, 460/C6, extended cab.
    '12 Ford Mustang, V6
    '97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
    '64 5'2" Sexy, blond hair, green eyed beauty
    www.coreyscountrycorral.com

u don't want none i got big guns and im not talking about weaponry

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    u don't want none i got big guns and im not talking about weaponry

The firecracker in my avatar will defeat your guns on any battlefield! lol
    SCCoA Member #436 since 1997, US Army(Retired)
    '90 SC Auto, Red; '72 Ford Gran Torino Formal Roof, 302/C4, Frame off Resto in progress!
    '83 Ford F250, 2WD, 460/C6, extended cab.
    '12 Ford Mustang, V6
    '97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
    '64 5'2" Sexy, blond hair, green eyed beauty
    www.coreyscountrycorral.com