I recently found out about this WOT box from Ryan, (Super Red 91) and decided to get some more information about it. For those that are not familiar with the "WOT Box", it is a two-step launch controler and offers a vareity of other features such as:
- Adjustable two-step rev limiter
- Adjustable nitrous window switch (with add-on cable)
- Global rev limiter if needed
- No-lift shifting feature (cuts ignition during manual shifts so you can power shift)
- No tach adapter needed
- Shift light and external shift light capability
- remote switch capability for manual operation if desired
Included in the kit is:
- WOT Box
- USB to Serial adapter
- Universal wiring harness
- Heat-shrink tubing
- Ground lug
- Zip Ties
Size of the unit is: 3.8" x 1.6" x 0.8"
More information can be found on their website at: http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/wotbox
All programming of adjustable limits can be done on the unit itself or programmed via laptop. The unit is very simiple to hook-up. For its opperation you need a RPM signal (spout, tach or injector signal), TPS signal, clutch switch signal, and the box is installed in-line between the 12+volt signal going to the coil pack. Automatics can also use this device if you use a hand switch/transbrake/linelock switch to trigger the two-step. Actually automatic guys have a 3-step option available as well which will allow an alternate rpm so they can have a staging and launching target rpm for the two step. That comes in very handy for guys thy like to have staging battles and bump in on the lights.
You can set the 2-step TPS threshold to any value you want and you can disable completely, although I believe that option is only available on a dual feature WOT Box. If you get 2-step only, then you may not be able to do that. You can adjust the TPS threshold for the nitrous as well. Additionally, the nitrous is automatically disabled when the 2-step is enabled or when the no-lift shift happens, to prevent problems.
Hooking up the nitrous is done through an add-on that they are just starting to offer now for sale ($75 shipped). It is not posted on the website yet. But, it will additionally allow full progressive nitrous control based on RPM and gear. This cable option is wired directly to the nitrous or meth injection relays and does not require any window switches because it is built into the software. There is clutch, rpm and throttle switches in the cable along with on and off hysterisis controls.
The nitrous add on gets wired in one of two ways:
Nitrous Configuration 1
Nitrous Configuration 2
depending on which arming switch you have.
The shift light can be hooked up to an external LED as shown here:
One important note is that you cannot use the nitrous and the shift light features at the same time. It is one or the other since they use the same serial output.
There are three configuration that can be ordered:
- Launch Control only
- No-lift shifting only
- Both features installed
Just as a clarification, if you order a dual function unit, you don't have to run both features at the same time. Each feature can be turned off independently. In addition, the unit can be disabled all together, or both features can be disabled and the unit can still act as a shift light, nitrous window switch or global rev limiter.
If you intend on getting a single feature unit, you are not restricted to just launch control or just no-lift shifting. You can decide which one you want to use via the software and change it at any time. If you order a single feature unit you just can't use both features at the same time.
If you wish to order one feature then decide you want both features in the future, you can send it back for an upgrade at a later time. Automatics would only need the two-step feature.
I have contacted the company and they are willing to offer us a pretty good deal on a group purchase. Prices are as follows (add 11.50 for shipping+paypal):
1 Unit, Single feature-$129.00, Dual Feature $189.00
5+ units, 15% off ($109.65/$160.65)
10+units, 30% off ($90.30/$132.30)
25+ units, 35% off ($83.85/$122.85)
For those that are interested, I would like to get a group purchase going. I think it would be great if we can get 10 people interested. Post up if you want in on the deal or if you have any questions. Once we populate the list with at least 5 people (10 would be better), we can arrange the payment method. All in all...this item packs a big punch at an extremely affordable price. Just the nitrous features alone are worth the cost (TPS activation, window switch and a progressive option soon). Personally, Im excited about this.
I'd like to close the group buy at the end of the week (Friday, 28th Aug), this way I can get payment from everyone, place the orders, and allow for enough shipping time so that everyone can get their units a few weeks before the shootout and have enough time to install and test.
31 Total Units
- Fastsc92 (2 Dual Feature) Paid 8/28
- bigpoppa822 (2 Dual Feature) Paid 9/8
- fiveohslowpoke (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/28
- baer198 (1 Dual Feature, 1 A/C Adapter) Paid 8/31
- BLOWN38 (1 Single Feature, 1 Dual Feature) Paid 9/3
- Mike8675309 (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/30
- sinhumane (1 Dual Feature) Paid 9/3
- CMac89 (1 Single Feature) Paid 9/4
- DLF (2 Dual Features) Paid 8/28
- XR7 Dave (3 Dual Features) Paid 8/28
- posjr (1 Dual Feature) Paid 9/14
- Toms-SC (1 Single Feature) Paid 8/29
- CharlieB (1 Dual Feature) Paid 9/7
- Sxar (1 Single Feature, 1 Dual Feature) Paid 9/1
- Micahdogg (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/31
- rodney92sc (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/28
- Schwab76 (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/28
- Thomas A (1 Single Feature) Paid 9/2
- joker77_2005 (1 Dual Feature, 1 A/C Adapter) Paid 9/4)
- Tim Groth (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/28
- eron94sc (1 Dual Feature) Paid 9/2
- JNT (1 Single Feature) Paid 9/3
- 89_red_xr7 (1 Single Feature) Paid 8/28
- bitemark46 (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/28
Group Buy Closed