"WOT BOX" Two-Step Rev Limiter and No-lift Shifting (CLOSED)

fastsc92

I recently found out about this WOT box from Ryan, (Super Red 91) and decided to get some more information about it. For those that are not familiar with the "WOT Box", it is a two-step launch controler and offers a vareity of other features such as:

• Adjustable two-step rev limiter
  • Adjustable nitrous window switch (with add-on cable)
  • Global rev limiter if needed
  • No-lift shifting feature (cuts ignition during manual shifts so you can power shift)
  • No tach adapter needed
  • Shift light and external shift light capability
  • remote switch capability for manual operation if desired

Mustang Example

No-Lift Example

Ryan (super_red91)

Included in the kit is:
  • WOT Box
  • USB to Serial adapter
  • Universal wiring harness
  • Heat-shrink tubing
  • Ground lug
  • Zip Ties

Size of the unit is: 3.8" x 1.6" x 0.8"

More information can be found on their website at: http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/wotbox

wotbox_kit_1000px-full;init:.jpg

2-stepscreen.jpg

All programming of adjustable limits can be done on the unit itself or programmed via laptop. The unit is very simiple to hook-up. For its opperation you need a RPM signal (spout, tach or injector signal), TPS signal, clutch switch signal, and the box is installed in-line between the 12+volt signal going to the coil pack. Automatics can also use this device if you use a hand switch/transbrake/linelock switch to trigger the two-step. Actually automatic guys have a 3-step option available as well which will allow an alternate rpm so they can have a staging and launching target rpm for the two step. That comes in very handy for guys thy like to have staging battles and bump in on the lights.

You can set the 2-step TPS threshold to any value you want and you can disable completely, although I believe that option is only available on a dual feature WOT Box. If you get 2-step only, then you may not be able to do that. You can adjust the TPS threshold for the nitrous as well. Additionally, the nitrous is automatically disabled when the 2-step is enabled or when the no-lift shift happens, to prevent problems.

Hooking up the nitrous is done through an add-on that they are just starting to offer now for sale ($75 shipped). It is not posted on the website yet. But, it will additionally allow full progressive nitrous control based on RPM and gear. This cable option is wired directly to the nitrous or meth injection relays and does not require any window switches because it is built into the software. There is clutch, rpm and throttle switches in the cable along with on and off hysterisis controls.

The nitrous add on gets wired in one of two ways:
Nitrous Configuration 1
or
Nitrous Configuration 2

depending on which arming switch you have.

The shift light can be hooked up to an external LED as shown here:
http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/wotboxshiftledandbutton

One important note is that you cannot use the nitrous and the shift light features at the same time. It is one or the other since they use the same serial output.

There are three configuration that can be ordered:
  1. Launch Control only
  2. No-lift shifting only
  3. Both features installed

Just as a clarification, if you order a dual function unit, you don't have to run both features at the same time. Each feature can be turned off independently. In addition, the unit can be disabled all together, or both features can be disabled and the unit can still act as a shift light, nitrous window switch or global rev limiter.

If you intend on getting a single feature unit, you are not restricted to just launch control or just no-lift shifting. You can decide which one you want to use via the software and change it at any time. If you order a single feature unit you just can't use both features at the same time.

If you wish to order one feature then decide you want both features in the future, you can send it back for an upgrade at a later time. Automatics would only need the two-step feature.

I have contacted the company and they are willing to offer us a pretty good deal on a group purchase. Prices are as follows (add 11.50 for shipping+paypal):

1 Unit, Single feature-$129.00, Dual Feature $189.00
5+ units, 15% off ($109.65/$160.65)
10+units, 30% off ($90.30/$132.30)
25+ units, 35% off ($83.85/$122.85)

For those that are interested, I would like to get a group purchase going. I think it would be great if we can get 10 people interested. Post up if you want in on the deal or if you have any questions. Once we populate the list with at least 5 people (10 would be better), we can arrange the payment method. All in all...this item packs a big punch at an extremely affordable price. Just the nitrous features alone are worth the cost (TPS activation, window switch and a progressive option soon). Personally, Im excited about this.

I'd like to close the group buy at the end of the week (Friday, 28th Aug), this way I can get payment from everyone, place the orders, and allow for enough shipping time so that everyone can get their units a few weeks before the shootout and have enough time to install and test.

"The List"

31 Total Units

1. Fastsc92 (2 Dual Feature) Paid 8/28
  2. bigpoppa822 (2 Dual Feature) Paid 9/8
  3. fiveohslowpoke (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/28
  4. baer198 (1 Dual Feature, 1 A/C Adapter) Paid 8/31
  5. BLOWN38 (1 Single Feature, 1 Dual Feature) Paid 9/3
  6. Mike8675309 (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/30
  7. sinhumane (1 Dual Feature) Paid 9/3
  8. CMac89 (1 Single Feature) Paid 9/4
  9. DLF (2 Dual Features) Paid 8/28
  10. XR7 Dave (3 Dual Features) Paid 8/28
  11. posjr (1 Dual Feature) Paid 9/14
  12. Toms-SC (1 Single Feature) Paid 8/29
  13. CharlieB (1 Dual Feature) Paid 9/7
  14. Sxar (1 Single Feature, 1 Dual Feature) Paid 9/1
  15. Micahdogg (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/31
  16. rodney92sc (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/28
  17. Schwab76 (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/28
  18. Thomas A (1 Single Feature) Paid 9/2
  19. joker77_2005 (1 Dual Feature, 1 A/C Adapter) Paid 9/4)
  20. Tim Groth (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/28
  21. eron94sc (1 Dual Feature) Paid 9/2
  22. JNT (1 Single Feature) Paid 9/3
  23. 89_red_xr7 (1 Single Feature) Paid 8/28
  24. bitemark46 (1 Dual Feature) Paid 8/28

Group Buy Closed

Last edited:
NO WAY, no grinding gears while speed shifting that would be sweet. + you don't damage the syncro's wow. i have a manual trans, and would love that if it works like it said.

I think i will say it again, WOW!! . one of us should test this out for sure. auto, and manual .

I think i will say it again, WOW!! . one of us should test this out for sure. auto, and manual .

SuperRed91 has it in his 91 5-speed and it works. I see no reason why it wouldn't work with an auto car.

So Baer are you in, or are you on the fence?

man that is cool, just thinking about speed shifting with no major problems being developed in the trans is giving me

WOOD lmao. driving a stick shift just got a lot better

heck yea, it all depends on when the cash is do. I got five kids so money is all ways tight, well working on six now lmao.

The ignition cut allows the synchros in your transmission to mesh easily, reducing the chance of missing a gear and damaging your transmission. Keeping your foot down through the shift also allows you to hold boost through the shift, thereby significantly improving your E.T.

That's all i see ......

How would the two step work on an AOD car? I'd be interested in the the launch control aspect.

How would the two step work on an AOD car? I'd be interested in the the launch control aspect.

It would function the same way, except you'd need some other type of switch to act as the clutch switch. This could be a transbrake button, line lock button, ect. You would have to manually release the button to launch ro use your brake light switch. The unit just looks at the state of the switch as open or closed (i believe it needs +12 volts to be activated). So if the TPS senses a WOT condition, and your switch is closed, it'll activate the two step. Once the switch is sensed as open, the two step turns off.

Last edited:
Jay, is this a universal box, or does it only work for Fords, what's the deal? I have some friends that may be interested but they drive mostly German stuff.

They have an application specific list on their website, but for the most part it is universal.

◦Audi B5 A4
◦Audi B5 A4
◦Audi B5 S4 (2.7T)
◦Audi B6 A4
◦Audi C5 A6 (2.7T)
◦Audi TT
◦Chevy Cobalt LT 2.2L
◦Chevy Cobalt SS 2.0SC
◦Dodge Neon SRT-4
◦Ford Mustang Cobra 4.6SC 4th Generation
◦Ford Mustang GT 4.6L 4th Generation
◦Ford Mustang 5th Generation (including Shelby)
◦Honda Civic DX
◦Honda Civic EX
◦Honda Civic Si
◦Infinity G35
◦Mazda 3i/s 2.0L / 2.3L
◦Mazda 3i/s 2.0L / 2.3L
◦Mazda 6s
◦Mazda Speed 3
◦Mazda Speed 6
◦Mazda Speed Protégé
◦MINI Cooper S
◦Mitsubishi Eclipse
◦Mitsubishi Mirage
◦Nissan 350Z
◦Nissan Sentra Spec V
◦Pontiac Solstice 2.0T
◦Pontiac Solstice 2.4L
◦Saturn Ion Redline
◦Saturn Sky Redline 2.0T
◦Saturn Sky Redline 2.4L
◦Seat Leon Cupra
◦Scion tC
◦Scion xB
◦Subaru Impreza 2.5T 2004-2006
◦VW Beetle 1.8T
◦VW GTI Mk3 2.0L
◦VW GTI Mk3 VR6
◦VW GTI Mk4 1.8T
◦VW GTI MkV 2.0T
◦VW Jetta 1.8T
◦VW Jetta III VR6
◦VW Jetta VR6
◦VW Passat Mk5
◦VW R32

If the vehicle is not listed, it'll pretty much work with any car that has a common 12+ volt signal going to the coil pack, TPS sensor, and a clutch switch(or push button). It uses either a crank signal, ignition signal (tach signal) or an injector signal for the RPM measurement. If the vehicle is on the list, I believe that you can use a crank sensor signal and configure it in the drop-down list of the software. If not on the list you can use an injector signal or tach signal in order to get the RPM measurement.

Last edited:
looks like we have 7 so far.....three more to go to get 30% off....or we can keep this open with hopes to fill 25 spots, but I think that'll be a stretch.

looks like we have 7 so far.....three more to go to get 30% off....or we can keep this open with hopes to fill 25 spots, but I think that'll be a stretch.

Don't you worry about that. Keep it open for a week. I sent this to 4 buddies. :cool: Don't write me down for anything yet.

Back