Upholstery Shops in Kansas City Area

TSC89

SCCoA Member
Any of you local guys know of any good, local upholstery shops?
If so have you dealt with with them personally? Any problems?
I am looking for a shop to upholster the seats in the blue SC. The shop I used to use doesn't have very good quality anymore.

There is one on 40 highway that did good work for me back in the day. I go by there every morning so I'll get you the name and phone number tomorrow. I want to say Independence Upholstery but that's probably not right.

Here's the information.

Independence Classics
All Auto Interiors
15008 E Us Highway 40
Kansas City, MO 64136
(816) 373-6211

Last edited:
haven't tried them but both of these places have been highly recommended by every shop I've ever asked. Northland is a old beat up guy that works out of a warehouse, but looked like he had his stuff together. His workplace kinda turned me off, but his work looked awesome, and have been recommended him by several places. R&S is supposed to be reputable, they have a big mechanic shop there as well I have had good luck with. I have been recommended them by a very good sewing lady in Indep that didn't want to tackle my tweedies. I would use either place for a full seat recover.

Northland Auto Trim
(816) 468-6914

R&S Upholstery
(816) 461-4470‎

Speaking of seats... anyone know a speed shop in KC that sells Corbeaus or Recaros?

-Joel

Oh Ryan, safety and speed should go hand in hand! Either that or I am just too tall for these cars...

-Joel

There is one on 40 highway that did good work for me back in the day. I go by there every morning so I'll get you the name and phone number tomorrow. I want to say Independence Upholstery but that's probably not right.

Here's the information.

Independence Classics
All Auto Interiors
15008 E Us Highway 40
Kansas City, MO 64136
(816) 373-6211

Exactly who I was going to suggest. He used to do a lot of work for my dad when he was selling Cargo Vans. I thihnk he even does custom embroidery and piping on the seats if you want.. can't remember for sure. But i know he does great work on basic upholstery.

Back