SC Shootout - New for 2009!

XR7 Dave

Well not all new, but important details none-the-less.

First, an update on registrations. As you all register you should be getting a confirmation email. So far we have 30 registrations and getting more every day. I anticipate we'll see 60 before the month ends so this should year should be even bigger than previous years which is an accomplishment for which you all should be proud - the fact that even in these rough economic times you have found the time and resources to make the trip shows that you have kept your SC spirit alive and well. Kudo's to everyone who is going to be able to make it.

Now on to some Shootout News.

We are going to have a full-on BBQ this year! Yes, steaks, shrimp, and all the fixings. Lets all pray/hope/wish for sunny weather! And yes, we will be bringing lots of tents. :D

If you haven't registered already, please do so ASAP! We need to know who and what to be able to make good plans. Register even if you can't pay now! We encourage pre-payment because it makes things go better for us, but if you need to wait on payment, at least submit a registration.

If you do register, please note that your significant someone's do not automatically get a T-shirt. We left it this way because the T-shirts are expensive and not everyone wants one. Please, if you want a T-shirt for your partner, be sure to add payment to your "shopping cart". We will accept cash at the event but we'd prefer not to have any surprises at check in time. Thanks!

Hotel accommodations! This year we have contracted with the Holiday Inn which promises to be very nice but be warned! I don't think Portland has any other hotels! If you don't get in at the Holiday you might have to stay in Muncie and from what I hear the "area" isn't near as nice. The hotel has informed me that they will continue to honor the group pricing but be aware that our reservation block expires on Sept. 1st. That's tomorrow!!! Get your room now if you want one. Last I heard the block wasn't full yet.

Dyno tuning and competition! - I will not be tuning this year! I will probably never tune at a Shootout unless someone else takes over the organization duties so that's just how it is. I WILL be available to provide consultation, tuning advice, and general verbal assistance but I will not be connecting my laptop to anyone's car or engaging in any actual tuning. I have received confirmation that Fraser will be at the Shootout with all his tuning gear, so if anyone wants tuning, contact Fraser. The dyno will only be available on Saturday afternoon for tuning (after the competition is over) but road tuning, which is 95% of the tuning process, can be arranged with Fraser any time he is available. I will try to be available to assist as necessary, but I will not be responsible for the actual work. ;)

Drag Racing! The best part. :D:D:D

Two major updates this year.

1) V8 and V6 classes are blended. In an effort to tighten up the racing we've created more index breaks and eliminated classes with poor showings. I'm excited about this and look forward to one day having the chance to "beat up" on a V8 car. That is if I ever get a V6 in my hands that runs. :rolleyes::eek:

2) And to me I think this is the BEST part. The winners of all index classes will be rounded up at the end of the day to run off for a custom SC Shootout Jacket. Yep, a one of a kind, custom embroidered SC Shootout Champion jacket will go to the overall winner of the day. I think this is pretty darn cool. :D:D:D

Well, that's all for today, but PLEASE read the above carefully. Some of it is old news, some of it is new, and some of it seems to need repeated clarification so that's what I'm here for. See you in October!

2) And to me I think this is the BEST part. The winners of all index classes will be rounded up at the end of the day to run off for a custom SC Shootout Jacket. Yep, a one of a kind, custom embroidered SC Shootout Champion jacket will go to the overall winner of the day. I think this is pretty darn cool. :D:D:D

mine. posers needn't apply.

Ira :D

Serious question. If the winners of all the classes are to run off against each other what chance would a 13 or 12 second car have against an 11 or even 10 second car. Will there be a handicap system to give all the diffrent winners of classes a chance at the jacket. Otherwise we would just give the jacket to Kevin if he runs

Ken

Back