Pedicure...you're doing it right.

DrFishbone

SCCoA Member
Before & After. :D

I've been meaning to put painted calipers on my ole black car for a long time...finally good to see things happen!

Attachments

• cAR pEDICURE 002.jpg
    cAR pEDICURE 002.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 116
  • cAR pEDICURE 001.jpg
    cAR pEDICURE 001.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 174
Damn... now I'm getting jealous. :D

Looking good there Matt.

Side note: Hope to see you at the shootout this year bud!

Nice work!

Jeff

That does look nice!

Way to raise some eyebrows with your post title, by the way! :rolleyes: :)

That's what I was going for! :p

Thanks for the comp's!

Jeff - yeah I really hope to be there. I'm thinking that although my oil pressure is low on the rebuilt engine, I'm going to try to get it all together and bring it anyway! The only big things that I really need to finish before then are 1) aluminum radiator and 2) FMIC. I can put off the tune for a little bit, since time is short. I have a WBO2 sensor w/ AFR gauge and it looks like I'm never running too lean through the RPM's I've actually ran the motor (up to around 4k). I think after I get the front brakes together, I'll finish up the break-in even if I don't get the new radiator in for a little while. If it does well during the 500 miles break-in, I'll sign up for the shootout. :D We'll have to camp overnight or something though...dough will be low. :eek:

The calipers, brackets, and rotors are off a MarkVIII. They are slightly different that the ones on the early T-Birds (like mine), but the main reason I got them was because since they are newer, it was easier to find a mostly-clean set. :D I sandblasted the few lightly rusted areas, then used a wire brush to clean a much dirt off of them as I could, wiped them down with lacquer thinner, then put about 3 coats of caliper paint on them (spray). I used two different kinds of caliper paint (one can was a few years old and I ran out) - Duplicolor "Red" Caliper spraypaint and Plastikote "Bright Red" Caliper paint. In person, you can see that the bright red is indeed brighter if you look closely. (the caliper in the picture are "red" and the brackets are the "bright red") I like the bright red better. :rolleyes:

One thing to note - I'm not 100% sure, but I THINK the paint is intended to cure with heat - ie. driving the car and using the brakes. I painted the front calipers over two years ago and the paint is still a little tacky. Both brands remain tacky well after the dry-time. I'll be interested to see how the paint feels after the calipers have warmed up several times.

my mk8 swap

attachment.php

Well...I thought I was going to post some pictures a few days ago. :rolleyes:

Got one side done on the front...FMIC, universal alum radiator, and repaint Cobra R's are also on the stove. I wonder if anyone else is as busy as I am right now! 40 hours of work (that I get paid for) and about 50 hours of work (that I don't get paid for)....per week, for the last two weeks. My wife ain't happy. :eek: I'll have to make sure that I cheer her up before Friday, otherwise it'll be a long drive to Muncie. :eek:

Here ya go. :D Just wait until I finished the wheels!

Attachments

• P9220023.JPG
    P9220023.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 31
  • P9220020.JPG
    P9220020.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 39
  • P9230026.JPG
    P9230026.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 33
  • PA010066.JPG
    PA010066.JPG