Little tray where stock cd player usually goes. Anyone have one?

derekhay316

I need one of these to replace a hole where my stock cd player used to go. Anyone have one they'd like to sell? Thanks.

How much would you like for it? What do you mean by modified? How would I get it from you? I live in White Rock by the way. Thanks.

umm....15 bucks....plus shipping (I'll check into that on monday). It's modified in such a way that the cup holder comes out farther than the coin try to hold taller cups better and so it doesn't get caught up on the track in the bottom of the opening. Let me know.

If anybody else wants one, I can probably make a few more up

Hmm I have the instructions at home, well the Address toa site to do the mods...

Also C-G's has one more.. With all my Shearching i did find another in a Dash that's out fo the car, except It was being a Pain in the Ass to remove, that and kyle found one so there wasn't truely need for me to work my ass off getting it out :)

But to Modify it and such is rather simple.. A grinder/sander of some sort.. and a drill with some sort small screws or Rivits and you have everything you need to do the job..

Also if you had the factory CD-player, you don't have to Fight with the radios ground in there.. ( mine i disconnected since i didn't need it)...

also I think i'm closing in on the `poucket' that i have, But the cup holder thing is so much better :)

Last edited:
peice of cake

Looks and works awesome but the only down fall of it is that it only gives you an extra five horse not like the side marker lights that give you ten.....:D :D :D

LOL :D It's easy to find them at a pick-your-part or other junkyard. To modify it here's what ya do:
1. Pull cup holder out (there's two little tabs stopping it, just pry the body up)
2. Grind off the tabs, and put two screws inline with the back edge of the cupholder
3. Put cup holder back in. When you pull it out, you will notice that it sticks out farther than the coin try. This is to clear the rest of the dash
4. Grind off the support that would normally hold onto the rail located on the underside of the cupholder/coin tray.
5. Be careful that the wiring harness behind the dash where the cupholder/coin try will go will not be pushing on the unit. I broke two units this way!!!:mad: To do this, just tuck them up out of the way and install the unit staight in.
6. If you're gonna take it out again, you're gonna need a set of Ford Stereo Removal Tools or 4 small pieces of coat hanger.

Good Luck

Back