Trouble logging onto SCCoA forums

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
For the past couple days I'm having problems with logging onto the forums or losing the connection. Only happening with this site. Are we doing some upgrades or something ?

David

No changes here. Have you made any changes on your browser lately? If you are not accepting cookies, or have your security level set too high, it can be difficult to navigate the site.

No, me too George. And no changes on my end. The browser searches for maybe a full minute and then just gives a blank screen.

Ira

No changes here. Have you made any changes on your browser lately? If you are not accepting cookies, or have your security level set too high, it can be difficult to navigate the site.

George,

I was having the same problem at home or at work, so I doubt it's browser or security related.

David

Although I'm sure it's obvious that it's not Dave's computer by now...I had trouble accessing the site at about 2pm today also.

I'm on here a lot and have not experienced it. I'll see if we can get someone to take a look.

That is the way with most issues like this, they come and go and could be any number of things.

I had the problem for a short while last night. Dug a bit and it appeared to be an issue with invalid DNS information for sccoa.com out there. It cleared itself up after a few hours. Perhaps your host did something, noticed it was messed up and then corrected it. For some close to the host, they may have not noticed anything. But their changes can take a while to propagate through the net with the wrong change, plus the correction all taking their own sweet time to move through the various lookup tables in routers.

Spoke with the provider - they had a bad switch in their infrastructure. After some troubleshooting and testing, they were able to determine the defective item and got it replaced. All in all, I believe we probably had 1-2 hours of downtime in total on Tuesday.

Back