hello all, no0b here. queation about a 95 sc

whiteshadow

went and looked at a 95 sc 5-speed. car looked ok for 14 years old. question i have is when i was acceleration and i got into ~5-10 psi of boost the car would shudder. once i got past ~10 psi the car would smooth out. it would do this in every gear. car has 107k on it and the person is asking 2800$ for the car. am i looking at some major repairs? if i am ill pass on it, i dont want it that bad. if its something simple then......

thanks in advance!

Could be any number of things from a vacuum leak to a bad cam or crank sensor. MAF sensor, dirty connection, etc. etc. etc. If it otherwise runs okay, it's probably not a big deal. Finding it is the big deal. You'll need to get with someone in your area who knows these cars. Depending on where you are, there's probably a club member nearby who could help you; where are you located? Forget taking it to Ford. They barely knew how to work on these things when they were new.

If the car is otherwise super-nice, it's probably worth picking up. If it needs a ton of cosmetic work, or worse yet, rust repair, I'd pass and find a better one.

JD

Back