Dash cap for sale - $35

nickleman60

I had this on my '89, covers up an ugly cracked dash pretty good and looks better than the "rugs", aka dash mats. I paid $109 for this and I want $35 for it.This item would need to be picked up though because shipping would be a nightmare even as light as it is. I'm willing to bring it to the Shoot-Out.

Attachments

• dash cap 001.JPG
    dash cap 001.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 399
  • dash cap 009.JPG
    dash cap 009.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 351
  • dash cap 002.JPG
    dash cap 002.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 357
  • dash cap 005.JPG
    dash cap 005.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 341
  • dash cap 003.JPG
    dash cap 003.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
I have one that I am planning to install on my 89 5 speed....

How easy / hard are they to install.....:confused:

I have one that I am planning to install on my 89 5 speed....

How easy / hard are they to install.....:confused:

It wasn't too bad, all you need is a tube of 100% silicone caulk, good duct tape and a pack of wood door shims, yes I said door shims. Put a bead of caulk where the instructions tell you to, along most edges, use the duct tape to help hold down the front edges and I used the shims to help hold it down along the windshield side, wedged them in nice and tight between the windshield and dash cap for a snug fit, then wait for it to dry..........:D

Can you elaborate, I got no instructions with mine.....:confused:

It came with one of my many parts cars......:p

Well, I said bead of caulk but I should have said dabs a few inches apart along all leading edges and a few dabs in large flat areas. If there's any raised areas caused by the cracks in dash cut them out with a razor blade so that they're even with the original surface allowing the dash cap to lie flat over the original dash area, this way you'll get a flush, tight fit with good contact with the dabs of caulk.

Sure I'll take a shipping estimate. Why not. Another thing, can it be painted to match my dash ?

I'll pm my addy.

let me know thanks

Last edited:

Ed, here's a pic of the dash without the cap, you can where the silicone was placed. When I pulled the cap off the silicone stuck so good it pulled most of the plastic off of the original dash, the dark lines on the dash underlayment is where the original cracks were and I cut out them to be flush with the rest of the dash.

Attachments

• console 89 005.JPG
    console 89 005.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 112
  • console 89 006.JPG
    console 89 006.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
When I tried mine for a test fit I was having some issues on the passenger side on the end close to the roof post and where it bends down to meet the glove box door. Did you have any fitment issues when installing the cover. Mine has the tissue tray.

Back