LOL he should have taken a pic of the person shutting the trunk.
it's a good thing chris's car had the pass through, otherwise he would have had to get in dukes of hazzard style.
Fender on Chris' trailer folds over, but there is a stationary backing plate that still blocks the door from opening. It was one of the old hunk of junk versions...the newer ones he usually gets, work fine. Good incentive for him to buy his own trailer, now that he has a place to store it.
91 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple........10.92 @ 126.70
93 SC AOD 347 Turbo.................10.04 @ 138.99
The one thing I learned was that even if you car is running like junk and not properly tuned, a good shot (small) of nitrous sure wakes it up.........gained 1.2 seconds..........
Last edited by nickleman60; 10-06-2009 at 09:34 AM.
I always say it's a Mustang, but if you have a big enough truck they'll allow you to tell the truth. They use pretty strict guidelines for the weight of the tow vehicle compared to he trailer/towed vehicle weight.How did you manage to get a U-Haul trailer for an SC? I have tried before, but they say it's too heavy. Tell them you're trailering a VW?
It's worth taking a chance on some of "auction" items. That set of Gen II trunk lid LED lenses that I bought worked.
The Oatway's can cook like you wouldn't believe. I especially liked the flame thrower grille starter!
Steel Reserve 40 oz and a energy drink.....
Kurt Sunday is a riot.
I need to take a truck and trailer next year. I picked up as many parts as I brought for others!
Last edited by TSC89; 10-06-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Jim, SCCoA Member#: 2789
"cuz Jim has mad skillz, yo!" Melon.
"I didn't break it, I found it's weakness."
"I didn't trip, I was testing gravity and it still works."
- You really can cook 100+ steaks at once.
- Kathy Neibert sucks at football.
- Nobody should ever let Micah near their car with a laptop. Ever.
- Casey can drive on the track, but he's a menace on the street.
- People should remove the 2x4's from their cars BEFORE going down the race track.
- The MPX is as good as an M112.
- Tents can fly.
You dont like to let things go do you
1. I learned to never speed thru OHIO. Those Troppers have some kind of magic and will appear out of nowhere and give you a 91 in a 65 without a problem.
2. Stick with highway racing. I cannot Drag my SC if my life depended on it.
3. Car gets 18MPG with new cam.
4. Driving 14 hours straight will cause you to hallucinate sp.
5. The blue raffle tickets are not stubs/recipts you must give them back with your name on the back.
6. Connie does not car if you make miracles happen to get to shootout, she will still cuss you out if you dont pre-register.
7. I like Dayton better, for many reasons. IE dyno.
8. Hardwork does not describe what the Dalkes and Oataways did for us this weekend. KUDOS to them.
9. I had no failures and drove there and back, with making 7 passes on slicks. Car was good to me.
1994 Supercoupe 5spd Custom Modded. 2010 Shootout-Best Custom Award-415WHP off the bottle-12.2535 @112.18 off the bottle. Best HP to date 445whp Best TQ to date 516ft/lbs Modified with the 1% $$
1990 35th 5spd 2011 Carlisle 1st place class winner. 12.9@108MPH 1.9/60fts Modified with the 99% $$
2 SCs 12sec club member.
What I learned at the shootout....
New U-haul trailers are awesome...
Virginia Beach is entirely too far from Portland Indiana
Portland Indiana is much colder and more windy than Va Beach
Muncie Dragstrip looks to have some awesome prep
Dont get wasted at the shootout, unless you want your picture posted of you sleeping in the bathtub, in the Hotel Elevator.
From what I hear you dont want to walk to a bar in Portland Indiana (Or back)
There are a lot of fast cars at the shootout
Kevin Leitem's car does not sound like a V6 at anything above idle.
Turbo cars will make some power
Keith Nichols has entirely too many spare parts
I need to bring my car next time as well
A Maurader with a Terminator engine and the bottle will run a 10.4 at 135mph (Friday Night).
Want to thank Dave D and everyone that had a hand in putting this event together. Was definetly an experience to be had. Chris Vining, didnt get to thank you before we parted ways in Northern Virginia yesterday. Thanks for the Directions there and back and the insight while we were there. As well as putting up with us all weekend.
1 The rev limiter is set to low on my car
2 Bring ear plugs when rooming with someone who snores
3 Bring a tuned engine to the shootout
4 Polish more on the engine compartment
I learned Frdlvr30 had a long ride home. Margaritas took a day to go thru him.
I suffer from CRS so everything I learned I already forgot about... maybe thats a good thing.
Thanks everyone that made this happen again!
SCCoA Member #1826
Riding jack stands.
Last edited by nickleman60; 10-06-2009 at 05:52 PM.