24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 33.33%
  • No

16 66.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Term limit for committee members and moderators

To Duffy,

I meant all forums. Not any particular one. An dall comittes be it one or 20
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Damon,

There are at least 3 (if not more) moderators for every forum.
    22 year SC Owner GFP
    (Glutton for Punishment)
    1992 5 Speed SC one of 1256
    1995 5 Speed SC one of 574

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Floyd View Post
    Damon,

Sign me up for more forums. Seriously.
    SCCoA Member #247
    Hardcore TBU #5 (in tow)

Damon,

Interesting...Never knew that. Most forums allow you to see who is a moderator as well which moderator may have modified or deleted a thread or posting. And generally the same persons wont be moderators for all sections. Kind of like trying to avoid a dictatorship

But I did figure at least Three...You Goerge and Pat...Anyone else...No idea

Now if only we had that many people working on the other sections of the website that are out of date by YEARS
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

I forgot to add the

Quote Originally Posted by DamonSlowpokeBaumann View Post
    Interesting...Never knew that. Most forums allow you to see who is a moderator as well which moderator may have modified or deleted a thread or posting. And generally the same persons wont be moderators for all sections. Kind of like trying to avoid a dictatorship

But I did figure at least Three...You Goerge and Pat...Anyone else...No idea

Now if only we had that many people working on the other sections of the website that are out of date by YEARS

They do show them. Enter into any forum and at the bottom it lists the moderators.

Just by doing a quick search on moderators I found this

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/member.php?u=2122

This guy/gal is a moderator in the AZ chapter but shows last being on

4-12-2005, so maybe a moderator cleanup is overdue.

I see it! Used to seeing it before entering forum. 2005 eh?

Mostly

gldiii, blkthndr, Duffy Floyd
    Last edited by XxSlowpokexX; 10-17-2009 at 08:30 PM.

Hmmmmm...you mean the Chapter Forum that has had a total of 6 active threads in 2009, 7 in 2008, 1 in 2007, 12 in 2006 and 8 in 2005 huh???? I think the three listed moderators can handle that volume...but just so you know...there are several people with moderator rights not listed.
    22 year SC Owner GFP
    (Glutton for Punishment)
    1992 5 Speed SC one of 1256
    1995 5 Speed SC one of 574

Hmmmmm...you mean the Chapter Forum that has had a total of 6 active threads in 2009, 7 in 2008, 1 in 2007, 12 in 2006 and 8 in 2005 huh???? I think the three listed moderators can handle that volume...but just so you know...there are several people with moderator rights not listed.
    I wasn't saying that 3 mods couldnt handle that chapter, obviously its dead in Arizona, but it does tell me that someone is not paying very close attention to who is or has rights to moderating. Its quite clear that mod has not been on in 4.5 years.
    another would be "fearthis sc" moderator in the gulf coast chapter, has 2 post this year, and none before that since 2005.
    I would like to think it takes more then this to be allowed to moderate forums, and yes I understand he probably got the "gig" way back when but that was then.

Big brother is watching. I'm not even going to ask how these other moderators were chosen.. not much more to talk about here

As has been metioned several times before, we rely mostly on members/posters to report issues rather than have a ton of moderators on the boards. I'd say for the most part it works very well. Besides anyone can "resign" a committee or moderator postion at any time. I don't see any real issues at this time.

I do agree (and Duffy has mentioned it to me a couple of times) that we should "fire" some of the inactive moderators and I agree that we should look into it. But I don't see any real issues with it right now. I would doubt there are many people out there that are "chompin' at the bit" to become a forum moderator. Especially once they realize that you will have no friends left after taking on that responsibilty. I also see that a smaller group of mods gives us much better consistancy in moderating. Plus it makes communicating issues a lot easier and faster.

And Damon, big brother is not watching anyone. For the most part no one cares and we don't like to moderate unless absolutely necessary. For the most part we wait to long before stepping in rather than over moderating.

What I was trying to convey in my initial post was looking at things in a different perspective and giving an opportunity to all.

This wasnít about getting Duffy, George or Ron away from being a moderator but giving someone a chance to be a part of something without the fear of being told we already have too many members or moderators and you canít be a part of that group because no one wants to give up their position.
    SCCoA Member #247
    Hardcore TBU #5 (in tow)

I always thought the best part about this forum/group is that not much moderation is required. Most of us are mature enough to take out or grudges on the track.
    Alan