Term limit for committee members and moderators

Establish a term limit for committee members and moderators

• Yes

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters

Nettlesd

Just throwing this out there to see what people think. Should there be a term limit on committee members and moderators?

I'm on the car of the month selection committee and I'm a moderator for the Midwest forum but does that mean I'm on there for life? If I never step down then no one else has the opportunity to serve in that capacity.

Personally, I believe there should be so that others who want to be involved in that capacity have the opportunity to do so. Otherwise, if no one leaves, no one else has a chance to be a committee member or moderator.

Maybe something like this?

• 2 year limit on committee members
  • 3 year limit on moderators

No need for term limits.

But there could be more than 1 moderator.

Others could ask to be on the committees or a moderator.

Helps give people a break or share the burdens.

Term limits would be good thing for congress but I don't think so for our committees. I would think that if anyone wanted to participate on a committee the rest of the members would welcome the help.

A very good thing for congress.

Mike

voted for basically leave as is, If one cannot uphold there position anymore for whatever reason then a change can be made, no need to re-do this ever few years, the sccoa cannot keep up with what they have on there hands now.

How many committees are there and who are on them? I will admit I didn't read the thread in the member section for "car of the month selection committee".

I think anyone on a committee or who is a moderator should also be a current paying member of SCCoA. (Membership Expires - this feature looks to be broken on our member pages though)

How many committees are there and who are on them?

Good question. Two that I know of but there could be more.

* Car of the month selection committee (I believe there are 7 of us on this one)
* SC Shootout committee (I believe I know who's on this committee but I'm not sure I should list the names)

I would think that if anyone wanted to participate on a committee the rest of the members would welcome the help.
Mike

Interesting take on things. If I wanted to be on a committee than the other members should readily and gladly welcome me in? A committee is open to anyone and should not be questioned/challenged if that person wants to be on said committee? I suppose one pays the same membership fee as anyone else so everything is open and fair.

I'm not arguing with you or questioning you but just throwing out some different perspectives. Just kind of wonder what people think.

The Shoot-out Committee is not a SCCoA committee per se. While we help sponsor the event and provide a Forum for the committee's discussions the SCCoA is not running the show in any way, shape, or form, concerning the Shoot-out. It just so happens that many members of that committee are also SCCoA members though that is not to my knowledge ,a pre-condition for membership or selection for participation on that committee. So I am not sure why there is then a poll about that committee on the SCCoA board since "we" don't control it or what it does.

The only established SCCoA Committee presently is the "Car of the Month Selection Committee".

So I am not sure why there is then a poll about that committee on the SCCoA board since "we" don't control it or what it does.

The poll doesn't specifically list any committee and my initial post only listed the committee I was on. The poll is just a general poll asking a question. It would appear that a lot of people don't really know what committees we have or even how to join. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. But, in my second post, I really did think the Shootout committee was a part of SCCoA.

WoW!!!! did someone piss you off or something?????

All you've been doing since the shootout is throwing your weight around like no one around here can do anything right and you want to change everything.... the shootout and now SCCOA.

If you want to get on a commitee that bad, then just ask... instead of trying to get everyone else in the club on your side so you can get in :cool:.

I see this kind of crap everyday at work :mad:, and now you're bringing the same type of politics into a car club forum....

Also, and this has happened so many times else where... you change something that has been working great for years and you get some new blood running things and force the old out, and you could end up having no club at all because that new blood screws everything all up that the old has worked so hard at..... then you'll need a commitee to over see that commitee and where the heck does it stop after that.

If it ain't broke.... DON"T FIX IT!!!!

Fraser

WoW!!!! did someone piss you off or something?????

Nope.

All you've been doing since the shootout is throwing your weight around like no one around here can do anything right and you want to change everything.... the shootout and now SCCOA.

I suppose that's one way to view it but that's not my intentions. I'm just asking questions.

If you want to get on a commitee that bad, then just ask... instead of trying to get everyone else in the club on your side so you can get in :cool:.

I'm not trying to get anyone on my side. I'm just wondering if others have the same view/idea. I'm not saying that is right or wrong but another way to look at things. I guess I like to question things...pull a devil's advocate..or whatever.

If it ain't broke.... DON"T FIX IT!!!!

And that's fine. You spoke up and gave your opinion. I see nothing wrong in that. Heck, if you never asked any questions, where would we be on your expertise on the EEC-IV with tuning and modifying it. Maybe it's not the same thing and maybe it is.

It's all good, Fraser. Sometimes I think there needs to be someone who asks questions or view things differently. Heck, you can poke me with the cattle prod if need be to keep me in line. It doesn't bother me any.

But, in my second post, I really did think the Shootout committee was a part of SCCoA.

Now you know it isn't. You also know how many SCCoA Committes there are....one.

And for those that think there should be more moderators besides Duane in the Midwest Forum...there are...Tony, George, Myself and Ron are all moderators in that forum.

And for those that think there should be more moderators besides Duane in the Midwest Forum...there are...Tony, George, Myself and Ron are all moderators in that forum.

To me, you, George or Ron are life time moderators so I was only counting Tony and myself for the term limits.

I suppose this is all silliness anyway. I'm in for life. :D

Damon,

There are at least 3 (if not more) moderators for every forum.

Interesting...Never knew that. Most forums allow you to see who is a moderator as well which moderator may have modified or deleted a thread or posting. And generally the same persons wont be moderators for all sections. Kind of like trying to avoid a dictatorship

But I did figure at least Three...You Goerge and Pat...Anyone else...No idea

Now if only we had that many people working on the other sections of the website that are out of date by YEARS

Back