Post Your October Photos

yes that should be a plan, i know us muskegon guys are down, at least i am.....where are you at, around d-town area??? i think if we keep up on it we could get the sccmi going because as i look there are more michiganders than there seems......either way, i would love to have an all sc or all ford track meet day so i dont have to see the ricers and camaros running all day(can you say BORING)

yes that should be a plan, i know us muskegon guys are down, at least i am.....where are you at, around d-town area??? i think if we keep up on it we could get the sccmi going because as i look there are more michiganders than there seems......either way, i would love to have an all sc or all ford track meet day so i dont have to see the ricers and camaros running all day(can you say BORING)

i have yet to even race my car or any car down a track yet..:rolleyes: but am pretty good stop light to stop light:D

but yea im around metro airport. just south of Detroit.

i remember when he was tryin to get that site setup. im still willing to help!

yep i havent had my car at the track yet either, i have never lost a race though either. The only close race was a 6 spd ls1 gto(350hp but gm sucks at putting power to the ground) i came up quick behind it in 2nd, got next to @ him high r's (3000) in 2nd, we went and for a second he pulled up, i shifted into 3rd chirped em and got even to his nose, shifted into 4th at about 90, pulled a nose in front of him and held him till my speedo topped and he let off, he didnt want to see me shift into 5th and show him a 150mph+ bird i guess.....it was a glorious feeling and i bragged for weeks, hey i still brag about it 3 years later, but i hate gm and thier versions of "performance cars" lt1 camaros arent any big deal unless they are force fed/well built, and i hate people with gtp's. once i had a kid with a gtp argue that i wasnt making more boost than his stock gtp..... i peg out the boost guage, stock gtp=roughly 7 lbs. i said dude your car isnt even intercooled, he said, whats an intercooler??? yeah thats why i hate gtp kids

yep i havent had my car at the track yet either, i have never lost a race though either. The only close race was a 6 spd ls1 gto(350hp but gm sucks at putting power to the ground) i came up quick behind it in 2nd, got next to @ him high r's (3000) in 2nd, we went and for a second he pulled up, i shifted into 3rd chirped em and got even to his nose, shifted into 4th at about 90, pulled a nose in front of him and held him till my speedo topped and he let off, he didnt want to see me shift into 5th and show him a 150mph+ bird i guess.....it was a glorious feeling and i bragged for weeks, hey i still brag about it 3 years later, but i hate gm and thier versions of "performance cars" lt1 camaros arent any big deal unless they are force fed/well built, and i hate people with gtp's. once i had a kid with a gtp argue that i wasnt making more boost than his stock gtp..... i peg out the boost guage, stock gtp=roughly 7 lbs. i said dude your car isnt even intercooled, he said, whats an intercooler??? yeah thats why i hate gtp kids

i know i got to smoke this guys that lives cross the street from my parnets house i know a bunch of people that know him and have talked alot of crap to him and he has heard my car,its an lt1 all it has is a bunch of suspension work and some really sticky tires. and then my boss's sti... this will be funny just about stock.

its always great when you come up against and either completely retarted ricer tuner, or a redneck trans am pusher with a v8 and since they have no clue what an sc is they automatically think they got you, until all they got is a great view of your tailights flying away from them, its a constant thing in a city where even 400 hp cars are few and far between, and when you find them they wont race because they are rich old men..... i know there is alot of cars out there to beat me but i wont stop gloating until it actually happens....:)

yep i havent had my car at the track yet either, i have never lost a race though either.

If you've never lost a race, you aren't racing fast enough cars. You need to bring it to the track to really know how fast it is or isn't.

David

its always great when you come up against and either completely retarted ricer tuner, or a redneck trans am pusher with a v8 and since they have no clue what an sc is they automatically think they got you, until all they got is a great view of your tailights flying away from them, its a constant thing in a city where even 400 hp cars are few and far between, and when you find them they wont race because they are rich old men..... i know there is alot of cars out there to beat me but i wont stop gloating until it actually happens....:)

agree

If you've never lost a race, you aren't racing fast enough cars. You need to bring it to the track to really know how fast it is or isn't.

David

yea i was trying to make it to the shoot out this year but missed it by about 3 months.. with not getting the car finished and still really isnt finished because it needs its tune and a few more part. which im sure it will never really be finished.:p

oh i am not saying my car is fast at all, i am just saying that all the fast cars around where i live are not willing to/too expensive to race, there is plenty of fast cars,, a guy on my road has 3 chevys over 400hp but he would never race my sc, especially on a road, they are nasty cars though, ls1 ss fully built and stroked N/A almost 500hp he said, 67ish el camino 383 stroker(sickest chevy ever, like the MOTHERS car but better) 450ish hp daily driver, and a 400ish hp 305 built iroc but like i said, he is old and stuck up, he looked at my sc like it wasnt even a car, i bet he wouldnt race me.....otherwise i beat on dsm's all day, turbo older supras, v8 mustangs all day,, my buddy had a 5.slow with a f cam and 4:10s and he got me off the line thats it, also my buddy with a 94 gt/cobra clone had 373s and he couldnt get me after 50, and my old 4.6 slowstang couldnt beat eggs,,,,,i would love to be shown up by your 10 sec. cars but not where i live it wont happen...,

Last edited:
oh i am not saying my car is fast at all, i am just saying that all the fast cars around where i live are not willing to/too expensive to race, there is plenty of fast cars,, a guy on my road has 3 chevys over 400hp but he would never race my sc, especially on a road, they are nasty cars though, ls1 ss fully built and stroked N/A almost 500hp he said, 67ish el camino 383 stroker(sickest car ever, like the MOTHERS car but better) 450ish hp daily driver, and a 400ish hp 305 built iroc but like i said, he is old and stuck up, he looked at my sc like it wasnt even a car, i bet he wouldnt race me.....otherwise i beat on dsm's all day, turbo older supras, v8 mustangs all day,, my buddy had a 5.slow with a f cam and 4:10s and he got me off the line thats it, also my buddy with a 94 gt/cobra clone had 373s and he couldnt get me after 50, and my old 4.6 slowstang couldnt beat eggs,,,,,i would love to be shown up by your 10 sec. cars but not where i live it wont happen...,

Since I ditched the nitrous, the 91 will only run 11s now. If you want to see how your car stacks up against other SCs in the club, plan to attend the Shootout next year. There is a class for pretty much every car in the club.

David

yes that is why i probably havent ever been to a track, ill stick to beating the slowstangs and ricers on the street, until i run into a sleeper turbo car or something :eek:

as for being at the track with sc's that is fine, i dont care if i get beat by an sc, a fast sc is a fast sc even if ts not mine,,,,its just that i dont want to get beat by someone whos life is racing thier v8 track monster that cant ride on the street and isnt as luxurious as a cadillac,, if i can get some good people and money(biggest concern) to help me out with the car then i would guarantee i will be there at the shootout.....its always been something ive wanted to do, and David dont act like an 11 isnt crazy fast in a 4000lb car

yes that is why i probably havent ever been to a track, ill stick to beating the slowstangs and ricers on the street, until i run into a sleeper turbo car or something :eek:

What all is done to your car that makes it that fast? Here in columbus, it isn't too hard to find cars that run 10's or 11's driving around town.

as for being at the track with sc's that is fine, i dont care if i get beat by an sc, a fast sc is a fast sc even if ts not mine,,,,its just that i dont want to get beat by someone whos life is racing thier v8 track monster that cant ride on the street and isnt as luxurious as a cadillac,, if i can get some good people and money(biggest concern) to help me out with the car then i would guarantee i will be there at the shootout.....its always been something ive wanted to do, and David dont act like an 11 isnt crazy fast in a 4000lb car

It's not about having the fastest or best looking car. You come to the Shootout to meet people, see what others have done to their cars, have fun in parking lot, race against cars of similar speed and generally have a real good time with a great group of people.

Yeah 11s is pretty quick for a two ton v6, but it was only running 15s when I first got involved with this club back in 2000, and I had just as much fun then.

David

oct1.jpg

About the most progress Ive made this month ... ;)

- Dan

my car doesnt really have anything done to it to make it go fast, a couple bolt ons and some injectors, not a fast car, fastest ive ever owned, not fastest ive ridden in or driven even for that matter, im just saying all the race opportunities ive had were just plain easy to win, ive had the car for over 5 years in and around where i live and probably only had 10 give or take a couple races and they were either ricers or kids with slow-stangs and f body cars, and one old guy with a nicer car....never had it at a track with fast competition, also colombus is a pretty big city area from what i know, where i live is a small michigan town with a small michigan town population that doesnt modify that many street cars. I will be glad to be beaten by any of you members at next years shoot out. As long as it is an SC that beats me i have no problem. I also have to get my car in the condition to make a potentially long trip next year so we will see what happens. :eek:

And yes David i would love to have some fun running in a slower sc class, and looking at peoples pampered mn12s and have parking lot fun?? and maybe drink some beers and get some grub if its that kind of thing(of coarse after racing has taken place) i just would just hope that my car could take the drive, beating, and drive back to michigan......:(

Last edited:
Back