Anyone doing AR setup?

Thomas95SC

I was doing the AR setup back in 05 when Dave just started making them. I was going to couple it with a CRME motor with stage 2 heads. Then MP intake system, FMIC, and snow performance alcohol injection. Never got to put it together though. I ended up buying a house and needed the money to invest in it. So I sold everything :(. Now I have aquired a new SC but wont be doing such drastic mods to it. I was wondering if anyone made good numbers with it and what setup are they using?

Well I know well into the 400rwhp range with the 1.7 L AR..WIth a claim of over 500 with a 2.2..:O) Now we have 2.2, 1.7 2.4's....A whole bunch of setups out there with bigger and better numbers soon to come

Installed a 2.0 AR kit this summer. Still tuning on it and never got to dyno this season. Did get to a track a week or so ago. too cold for good traction so best was a 13.449 @ 111.59 with the appalling 2.377 60 foot time. Started at 275hp before the swap. Gonna guess at a good mid 300hp number now. I'll run it on a dyno in the spring. here is when I first started it.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VFdazsuKlr8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VFdazsuKlr8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

More info in this thread:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109122&highlight=fuel+rail

Mike I'm sure you have much more to go there. I cant wait till I have my current setup going optimum. It hauls on the highway even with barely any timing. How much boost?

Mike I'm sure you have much more to go there. I cant wait till I have my current setup going optimum. It hauls on the highway even with barely any timing. How much boost?

I've been having trouble logging it. last time I saw a number it was 19psi but I think the calibration was off on the auxbox as I was mucking with it to try and get it to talk to binary editor.

1.7L AR here also, saw 300rwhp on a stock longblock about 4 years ago when I first installed it, have since added heads and cam and it's around 365rwhp @ 18psi.

It ran 12.2 @ 114mph last year, have since added a better intake and a MP 85mm TB to help it breathe better. I believe it's good for an 11.9X in it's current state.

Been considering adding more boost but I have more usable power than I need on the street.....not much of a track guy.

AR whats that AUTO ROCKET? Not dissatisfied with mine. It turns a SC into a different car. Changes the car from a torque monster with a short rev range to a car with less torque but a long and endless powerband.

I have a 1.7 AR kit from Dave Dalke that's been on my 91 SC since 2006...it's hands down the best mod I've ever done to the car.

David

The only way to get one is to make over 400rwhp with an M112 and Im sure Rico will got so angry he will sell you his:p

Yep make a M112 do it and ill even trade it straight up. My AR makes a speculated over 400hp but I dont have anything to prove the numbers with.
All i can do is take my 385 number and add my speculated dyno calibration mis-adjustment of 30hp and I get the same 385HP dyno sheet :(

Rico, I am going to kevins dyno today, Only difference is 5% more OD, Last pull made was when it was messed up, so I will have an idea of how far it was off.

Back