Eagle Rods, Diamond Pistons, Crankshaft

M90TAURUS

I have a fully balanced set of Diamond Racing pistons, Eagle H-Beam rods, and a polished SC crankshaft. It's already installed in my Taurus engine block, but I have abandoned that project and scrapped the car. I am just gauging interest to see if anyone is interested. If so I will dig up the specs on everything and name some prices.

Id like to sell everything in one batch, but I am willing to separate the rods/pistons/crankshaft.

Since it is in a taurus (FWD) block, Im assuming nobody will want the whole engine. However, if for some reason you do, I will sell the shortblock (it's already assembled on the engine stand).

Located in the metro-detroit area.

rods/pistons

what year are they from.. looking for 94/95. what are you looking to get out of all the them?

Doesn't matter, rods and pistons are aftermarket and the cranks are interchangeable.

Correct.

My engine is in my friends garage right now, along with the folder with all the specs and receipts. It seems a few people are interested, so I am going to grab it asap and put the specs and a price(s) up on here.

Alright everyone, I dug up what I could at the shop today, unfortunately I don't have my exact receipt from Diamond Racing, all I have is a sheet of paper I scrawled down some notes on :confused: & :mad:

The pistons are forged Diamond Racing pistons with valve reliefs cut from the factory. I mic'd each cylinder all measuring out to 3.840" meaning that these are 0.030" over pistons, which is what I have on my scrawled piece of notebook paper.

PA290385.jpg

PA290386.jpg

PA290387.jpg

I'm going to call Diamond (again) tomorrow, now that I have the pistons out of the block and see if I can get them to pull up an old invoice. I ordered them when I worked for a local speed shop, so it is under the Livernois name, not my own.

The rods are Eagle H-Beam rods for a 351W engine.

PA290388.jpg

The crank is stock SC and polished.

PA290390.jpg

All of the stuff is balanced. Unfortunately I blew out the damper while removing it, so no crank pulley/damper anymore.

I also have a custom ground Schneider cam, with the cam card. A couple parts a bit hard to read because of oil damage to the card.

PA290389.jpg

In addition, I have a set of rebuilt heads with new springs, retainers, etc. and a 3 angle valve job. A brand new timing chain and guides. And a set of 6 Trick Flow pushrods.

PA290391.jpg

PA290392.jpg

PA290394.jpg

Priority will go to someone who wants to buy the rotating assembly as a whole (pistons, rods, and crank) and if nobody is interested in the whole thing I will sell individually. As for the cam/heads/other parts, I don't mind splitting them up.

I also have some other stuff like a stock intercooler, supercharger, water pump and some other miscellany.

If you are interested in any of these parts PM me and we can discuss prices. Sorry this was super long winded.

-Alex

Pushrod info: Chromemoly, Heat-Treated, 5/16 in. Diameter, 7.200 in. Length

Summit link: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TFS-21407200/

Asking $40 shipped, will include receipt.

I just pulled out what I thought was the cam card from schneider for the 3.8 cam, and I realized after checking the grind number, it was from my 5.0 :eek: so as of right now, I don't have the exact numbers, but as soon as I can get my hands on the cam card or old invoice I will post them.

I do remember it was right around $250-300 for the cam though. I'd let it go for $100 if someone wants to grab it up without the cam card (probably not likely) or $150 when/if I can locate the specs.

I pulled a job # off of the bottom of the piston and got my old invoice faxed over. Here is an img of the invoice from Diamond. Nothing really helpful besides proof of what I have. But here it is.

diamondreceipt.JPG

Originally I paid (give or take $20 for a rusty memory) $450 for the rods, $500 for the pistons/wristpins/rings, $75 for the crank, and $300 for the polish and full balance; for a grand total of $1325.

My asking price for the whole rotating assembly is $800. I would like to sell it all as one obviously, but if nobody is interested, I will consider separating the parts.

For the heads with rockers and everything, I am asking $200 OBO.

If there is anymore info needed, or questions whatever, feel free to PM me or post it on here and I will get back to you asap.

Definitely interested in the pushrods and perhaps cam depending on lift. I already have 4 so I need to know what the specs on it are.

Definitely interested in the pushrods and perhaps cam depending on lift. I already have 4 so I need to know what the specs on it are.

I called Schneider and they said there should be a stamped number on all cams they make or work on, including regrinds, so I will check as soon as I get home and post the specs once Schneider sends them to me.

any idea what the static compression would be with those pistons?

Is there a way I can tell by measuring piston height and doing some calculations? I have access to high precision measuring tools; calipers, mic's, etc...

Email's are out to Diamond and Schneider for piston specs and a new cam card respectively, I will post both as soon as I hear back.

Got the new cam card in the mail from Schneider, specs are as follows:

27° intake open btdc
23° exhaust closes atdc
50° overlap
67° intake closes abdc
71° exhaust opens bbdc

Intake/Exhaust valve lift: .468
Intake/Exhaust duration: 274

Will send the cam card along with cam to buyer.

Back