V10 Supercoupe?

SCCoupe50

Not really, for now anyway. :eek: I picked up another toy last week and finally got it out of the trailer. Some of you may remember that I picked up the Supra years ago with a blown motor and that blown motor ended up in my 2JZ Tbird. Well, again I come across an outrageous deal on a 97 GTS with a blown motor. I havent decided whether to rebuild or place it yet, so its up in the air. If I end up with an extra V10, I may just be crazy enough to shove it into the Tbird. Time will tell.

Attachments

• DSCN0480.JPG
    DSCN0480.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCN0481.JPG
    DSCN0481.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 207
  • DSCN0479.JPG
    DSCN0479.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 216
Where do you find deals like that.
I think it will be easy to fix. Dont say its for a Viper though tell the shop its for a truck and give them all the parts to fix. :) I think the OHV desing will allow you to build it up without too much cost. But find out what caused the failure first.

IITTLLLL FFFIITTTTTTTTT

I was thinking ford v10..Cool but not performance oriented..Viper engine in SC...Would be wilddddd

Still have supra SC?

I've heard that a v10 actually will fit in a MN12. My hang gliding instructor used to be a crew chief for some formula race teams (he got a plaque for mechanic of the year in the 1980s) and he says he's seen one once that someone did that to. Not sure which v10 he's talking about, but apparently there's one out there.

Wow, you really have a 1-track garage!

I wouldn't mind having one or two of those rides myself. Although I think I would have to toss in a truck or something practical. Maybe 1 practical car for every 2 coupes?

Not really, for now anyway. :eek: I picked up another toy last week and finally got it out of the trailer. Some of you may remember that I picked up the Supra years ago with a blown motor and that blown motor ended up in my 2JZ Tbird. Well, again I come across an outrageous deal on a 97 GTS with a blown motor. I havent decided whether to rebuild or place it yet, so its up in the air. If I end up with an extra V10, I may just be crazy enough to shove it into the Tbird. Time will tell.

I think it would be a pretty cool project. BTW, what ever happened to the Supra Coupe ?

David

I think it would be a pretty cool project. BTW, what ever happened to the Supra Coupe ?

David

Its still sitting. I replaced the bad tranny after running the 12.80 with it and then found that the engine was knocking. I have since replaced the engine and ended up with a miss. Its an electrical problem that I just cannot seem to get fixed. Even went as far as installing a full fuel system and a 70mm turbo. It needed fuel with the single turbo and I had hoped maybe it was an injector problem. Lost interest in it for now i guess. The thought has come to get rid of the ol'gal and put the setup in a 944 Porsche, much much lighter. We'll see.

Its still sitting. I replaced the bad tranny after running the 12.80 with it and then found that the engine was knocking. I have since replaced the engine and ended up with a miss. Its an electrical problem that I just cannot seem to get fixed. Even went as far as installing a full fuel system and a 70mm turbo. It needed fuel with the single turbo and I had hoped maybe it was an injector problem. Lost interest in it for now i guess. The thought has come to get rid of the ol'gal and put the setup in a 944 Porsche, much much lighter. We'll see.

put the jz motor in a gen 2 RX7. It will fit and kick a$$. I have a buddy who is trying to talk me in that.

Well I don't like building mixed vehicles,so my first thought was a worked over Triton V10 with a T-56,four link,and a beefy nine inch rear.A built Viper V10 in a New Charger would be cool.

Back