newly purchased sc... some questions

qg_pointblank

so i have a newly purchased sc (90 5 spd pull me over red) and i have a few build questions... i bought the car with a blown passenger side head gasket and while everything is out i wanted to touch up a few things... what i need to know is will aftermarket cam and headers and valves/valvetrain for a na 3.8 work? basicly when i send the head to be checked at the local speed shop i just might end up having bigger valves installed as the car already has a pully and ported sc but i am having problems finding sources for valvetrain and exhaust components(yes i searched the forums :confused:) any help is greatly appreciated

Search harder. There is a WEALTH of information on this site regarding exactly that subject.

quite possibly but i truly am having a hard time finding it.... the closest assumtion i can get is that the 5.0 and na 3.8 share valvetrain components and im guessing the sc heads are basicly the same? so if i order say rockers pushrods springs and retainers for a 5.0 ill just end up with 2 duplicates? or am i way off

ill make it easier heres a parts list of what im interested in i jus wanna make sure i have it right before i order all the stuff she needs to be on the road asap

comp 942 springs
high energy 832 lifters
high energy push rods
comp exreme energy 259 cam
what im wondering will work
scorpion sbf 1.72 rockers
jegs 7/16 rocker studs
and reccomendations for valves, locks, and retainers
anything else im missing?

im not shooting for extreme preformance port matching is the extent of the porting work i wanna do just want to be able to get a little more flow

Dude, just email XR7Dave, aka Dave Dalke. He give you all the answers and sells all of the parts that you'll ever want/need. His expertise on these cars is second to none and his recommendations are highly regarded.

mdkracing@windstream.net

Don't forget about bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, bigger TB and MAF....

It will be in your best interest to get a tune, as well.........

thanks for helping me out a little guys.... this isnt my first time with boost just with pushrod motors.... i already have access to cost parts through the shop i work at i really am just looking for info on the setup, and interchange possibility. ill shoot dave a message tho

ill make it easier heres a parts list of what im interested in i jus wanna make sure i have it right before i order all the stuff she needs to be on the road asap

comp 942 springs
high energy 832 lifters
high energy push rods
comp exreme energy 259 cam
what im wondering will work
scorpion sbf 1.72 rockers
jegs 7/16 rocker studs
and reccomendations for valves, locks, and retainers
anything else im missing?

im not shooting for extreme preformance port matching is the extent of the porting work i wanna do just want to be able to get a little more flow

You will want to use the big block Ford rockers not the small block. Talk to Dave Dalke about the springs and the rest of the valve train.

Back