Rear Shock Tower Braces

racecougar

AzzKicker Cars Rear Shock Tower Brace
$75 plus shipping​

These braces strengthen the rear shock towers by connecting them. The end result is less body flex, for a much more stable feeling in the twisties. These braces mount to the strongest part of the rear shock towers. The supplied hardware goes through several layers of sheetmetal for a strong, secure attachment. This brace fits any 89-97 Tbird/Cougar. It can be modified slightly to fit 93-98 Mark 8's. This brace can be installed without removing the shocks, though a compact or right angle drill or a short drill bit is necessary due to the confines of the area. These braces come painted gloss black.

RSTB1.jpg

RSTB2.jpg

RSTBinstalled.jpg

I accept paypal or money order. Please contact me at rodsv6cougar@cs.com with your zip code for shipped prices and ordering information.

-Rod

Last edited:
Rod,
If I remember correctly, you were making the RSTB's as well as some other braces in the past. If I'm not mistaken, any chance on making any batches soon?

-Corey

That is correct, Corey, I have offered other braces, gauge panels, etc. in the past. I'm only producing RSTB's at the moment, but if I can find the time, I'd like to get back to producing some other parts for these cars.

I will have eight rear shock tower braces ready and available to ship by early next week (around August 29th-31st). Two are already spoken for. If you're interested in purchasing one, please email me at rodsv6cougar@cs.com.

I will have eight rear shock tower braces ready and available to ship by early next week (around August 29th-31st). Two are already spoken for. If you're interested in purchasing one, please email me at rodsv6cougar@cs.com.

Just a heads up for some of you looking at stiffening up your cars....these things work.

I purchased one from Rod a long time ago but only recently installed it on my '95. The car feels much stiffer, and takes corners with ease. Before I'd get the feeling that my rear was ever-slightly slipping.

-Corey

Are you going to be making more anytime soon? I want one but I just spent 1500 dollars on repairs and upgrades. I want one after I recoup some money.

I try to make them whenever I can, though that is usually only once every couple of years. It just depends on how busy I am. I'm actually swamped right now, but I've had people requesting that I make a batch for months, so I had to oblige.

But where will I put my 200 lb speaker box in my race car!?:rolleyes:

Does look like a good idea and a great product though.

Time, labor, and a little imagination. :) I don't sell those.

Fair enough. Do you happen to know the available volume? Couldn't help bit notice we use the same subs ;). Well we did. Just upgraded to some DB drives that shake and kick holes in the ground. But I hate the stupid box. It weighs too much and takes up the whole trunk. Can't even squeeze a gallon of milk in there hardly. Youve really got me thinking now. Any links to info? Thanks!
Mike

Back