Weight savings

nickleman60

I know this info is on here somewhere but I can't find it so how much weight do you lose with using the aluminum mark viii pumpkin and rear lower control arms? Picked them up at the local boneyard for $78.........:D

Last edited:
I found a post by Thomas on TCCOA that said the stock diff weighed 81 lbs and the aluminum one 62 lbs. Anyone know the weight difference for the rear lower control arms and how about the stock and mark 8 driveshaft weight difference?

The Mark VIII LCA's are ~7lbs. lighter each, but then you'll need to add the weight of whatever spring perches you'll be using.

just for the record, what years mark VIII do the control arms and differential swap from ?

i was gonna say it would be about a 30 pound difference.

just for the record, what years mark VIII do the control arms and differential swap from ?

All of them.

I got a weight of 78 pounds for the stock diff assembly. The aluminum rearend I swapped in weighed 72 pounds but it had an aftermarket rear cover (4 pounds heavier than stock) and a True Trac differential (that if the weight info on Fordracingparts.com is correct is 4.3 pounds heavier than stock). So 64 pounds sounds about right for a factory style Lincoln rearend.

Back