Since my sc is broken took my DD to the track.

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
This all made me want to go home and start wrenching on the SC since i know there is ALOT more potential there! but it was fun and not to bad considering stockish mustang with 220k miles. I put 750 hard miles a week on it :)

Best:

60' 2.2
ET 9.58
MPH 74

Worst:

60' 2.7
ET 10.22
mph 72

Traction was terrible on the 10.22 run did nothing but spin 1st through third gear! best runs i featherd the clutch out at 2000rpm the crappy run i tried 3000rpm! ha that didnt work! i was going sideways all through 2nd gear! Not to bad i guess for a NPI 4.6 im assuming thats probably about it without DR's and more mods.

(SHOT rear tires! got new ones on there now hehe)
I've got a JLT CAI
PI intake
Shorty motorsport headers
magnaflow catted X
Flowmaster catback
King Cobra clutch with upgraded pressure plate springs

Best run:
YouTube - 96 Mustang GT 1/8th mile Best time 9.58/74mph 2.2 60'
Worst run:
YouTube - 96 mustang gt 1/8th mile worst run no traction! 10.22
Getting beat by a turbo civic:
YouTube - 96 mustang gt vs turbo civic 1/8th mile
Getting spanked by a powerstroke:
YouTube - 96 mustang 1/8th mile vs bad powerstroke

Last edited:
you had fun and came home safe

all that matters

now get that sc up and running

Believe me i think about it everytime i hit a bump durring the 2hrs i spend in it everyday :) I just wish the SC would take the abuse as well as the mustang. Id have gone through 4/5 engines by now if i misstreated the sc as badly as i do the mustang :) Gotta love the reliability factor of the 4.6

Jacob,

Did you ever get your SC tuned ?

David

No.. Just about the time i finaly got it running descent i blew a HG thanks to a crappy radiator and factory temp guage. (See thread in non-tech), planning on a tune when i get things back together. Also thinking about a looser convertor while the engine is out! I did manage to get a 9.25 out of the sc with a late model blower on it (1/8th mile) before the HG fiasco, im sure there is alot more power on the table. Im doing some more head porting while its apart under the guidance of a Grand Natinal Guru i work with. he used to work in a speed shop and has spent alot of time flow benching stuff. Claims that the long radius is where its at on any forced induction pushrod motor.

Back