89 XR7 Black 5 speed $1500 Very Clean

BRIAN WALTER

Very clean 89 XR7 5 speed. 125k miles (I have put less than 10 miles on it testing transmission and other parts) Black exterior that is very nice for its age. Interior is a combination of black and gray xr7 interiors. Gray rear deck, headliner, and excellent condition cloth seats. Black panels, dash, carpet, and seatbelts. Looks very nice! Purchased of of ebay down in Maryland in Feb. 08 and brought back up to Connecticut where it has been in my garage on rollers the entire time. Put soooo much work into it and don't want to spendanymore money or time. Runs and shifts excellent!No leaks. No abs or engine lights.

Email importkilla06489@yahoo.com for pictures I have a bunch and I can always take more!

Work done:(LESS THAN 10 MILES ON EVERYTHING LISTED!!!)
FMIC (not magnum powers) w/2.5 piping 4-ply couplers w/stainless t-bolt clamps
Teflon seals
Underdrive pulleys
A/C deleted
Intercooler fan (not wired)
Replaced trans,clutch,hydraulics,mounts,B&M shifter (3qts Mercon V and 8oz of friction modifier)
Replaced Maf
Stock airbox w/K&N
Replaced radiator
New upper/lower radiator hoses and coolant bypass hose
New t-stat/gasket
New rear camber bushings,swaybar links, strut rod bushings, emergency brake adjuster
Rear knuckles replaced (low mileage units) with perfect bushings
Cross drilled rotors
New RR caliper and rear pads
Door hinges/strikers
Rebuilt window motors
Floor channels
Body harness
New ignition switch and battery cables
Replaced high pressure power steering line
New EVO actuator, seals, and pump seals (newer style)
This is all the work I have done on the Cougar since I've owned it.......It really makes me sick!

Needs the following:
A/C delete pulley (NAPA $38)
DS Upper/Lower balljoints (I have used replacements that I will include)
The dash I have is from a 90sc automatic, I have heard from a few people it can be installed and work without any issues. But I have also heard I would have idling issues for the EEC clutch sense. SO, I have all the wires hooked up correctly for the clutch switch besides the last cruise control wire. Dash is currently out of the car.

email: importkilla06489@yahoo.com for pictures and more info I have pics of pretty much everything
Looking to $1500 firm ($900 in just replacement parts!Purchased the car for $1300) I can trailer it if you pay
I really do not want to part this car out in case plans change and I come into some money :)
Thanks
Brian Walter

Last edited:
anyone?

I thought more people would be interested in a black 5 speed XR7?
Is the price too high?
Or is eveyone broke like me?:rolleyes:

NOW PARTING OUT LOOK IN THE PARTS FOR SALE FORUM
Thank you for all of those that were interested.
This will knock another XR7 off the list. 5 so far just for me!

It's officially being parted out!
Thank you everyone for your interest, too bad no one was local and wanted to look at it in person. More money parting it out anyways.
Thanks again!

Mike I will resend them in a minute
I have a few people interested in parts already unless I can sell it asap
How far away are you from me? Wanna come take a look tommowrow?
I planned on starting tommowrow, I have a guy from Middletown coming for fenders and ds door later in the day

Hi Brian

I'm in Rockland Ma. I would come out and look at it but I have a lot of work to do today. The car looks good in the pictures and is definately worth what you are asking for it just from what you have done to it.

Mike

Anyone interested locally?
Accepting offers I need space in my garage again. The underdrive pullies, wiper motor, and B&M shifter are sold.

Back