Tennessee or Mississippi Owners?

Where's Greenville? If it's close to Memphis we're having a little meet on the 5th next month. You should join us.

Here too!

I am in the Clarksville, TN, Fort Campbell KY, area as well.

Look forward to seeing some others soon.

Smitty

Last edited:
Greenville, MS is down in the delta...not too far from Memphis..maybe 2.5 hours. Clarksville, TN is a different story...probably 5 hours away. But if you two wanna drive come on! The more the merrier! Gonna be polishing on mine the Friday before! :)

South Central TN here (Tullahoma)
Lol I saw you the other day when me and my girl was goin to the drive in, i was in the silver sc. Im from Cowan TN, and one of my good friends has a black 89' sc 5 speed that needs a motor. I just purchased mine from clarksville, she cleaned up real nice. I got brand new American racing 17's wit pirelli P Zero neros, 5 speed, has exhaust system on it, something is making a little chatter from the transmission but im not gonna worrie about it until it breaks, has leather (front are shot). I didnt think these birds would fly as good as they do or hang a cueb but they do, VERY happy with the performance and handling, brakes have been converted to conventional, thank god, and i only gave $1,700 for the car and have about $1000 worth of parts. :cool:

I suggest a fall meet-up, but I have parked the SC for the winter. Too many little things wrong with her right now and I'd rather spend my time doing enjoyable things, like not working on the car. :rolleyes:

I suggest a fall meet-up, but I have parked the SC for the winter. Too many little things wrong with her right now and I'd rather spend my time doing enjoyable things, like not working on the car. :rolleyes:
Not fair Paul. Yours is crapped out and mine is running fine. We must do this in synchronization the next time. Jeremy still has no transmission and what he is talking he wants the 3 grand one so that's out. The only thing I need right now is to put these new plug wires on. Doing that tomorrow and NOT looking forward to it. Should have taken your advise and put new ones on when we had it taken apart. Oh F'n well. LOL

Glad to hear you got your's back on the road, Drummer. Paul, hate to hear you haven't solved those nagging probs. I still haven't solved my vibration problem...gonna go back with a stock driveshaft and rebuild the diff. Also, I have a couple nagging oil leaks so I am pulling my engine during the Christmas break, stripping it down all but pistons, crank and cam. Gonna replace all the gaskets, timing chain, oil pump, reworked heads, etc. Outta be in top shape by the time I am finished. A Fall meet would've been nice...maybe a Spring one?

Glad to hear you got your's back on the road, Drummer. Paul, hate to hear you haven't solved those nagging probs. I still haven't solved my vibration problem...gonna go back with a stock driveshaft and rebuild the diff. Also, I have a couple nagging oil leaks so I am pulling my engine during the Christmas break, stripping it down all but pistons, crank and cam. Gonna replace all the gaskets, timing chain, oil pump, reworked heads, etc. Outta be in top shape by the time I am finished. A Fall meet would've been nice...maybe a Spring one?
I think Spring might be the best option Raymond. Maybe by then we will at least have 3 to show up. By then, hopefully, I will have mine painted (Viper Red) and she will be showable. I HATE leaks. LOL

Spring is probably the best bet. My vibration was the front u-joint on the driveshaft being seized. New DS fixed it, but total cost for all the little things to accompany it ended up being around $1500. Now I have a possible bad water pump and a crank pulley bolt broke inside the balancer that'll need to be taken care of. At that point I said F' it and parked her.

Spring is probably the best bet. My vibration was the front u-joint on the driveshaft being seized. New DS fixed it, but total cost for all the little things to accompany it ended up being around $1500. Now I have a possible bad water pump and a crank pulley bolt broke inside the balancer that'll need to be taken care of. At that point I said F' it and parked her.
Sorry to hear that Paul. Now don't give up. You saw how much BS we went through to get mine running and she is alright now. (Knock on wood). Let Jeremy fix it. He would love to I am sure. A whole lot cheaper than anyone else.

Sorry to hear that Paul. Now don't give up. You saw how much BS we went through to get mine running and she is alright now. (Knock on wood). Let Jeremy fix it. He would love to I am sure. A whole lot cheaper than anyone else.

I'll be doing the work myself, I just don't want to bother with it right now. Besides, this down time will be good for me and let me think about what I want to do to the car.

I like the 5.0 supercharged option. I bought a lottery ticket and if this is "The one" I will do both our cars. :D

Well, I am getting ready to pull my engine and differential. Bounce on down Paul....I'll put your expertise to work! :)

I'm not sure you'd want my expertise. LOL But I'd be willing to lend a hand if you have a heated garage and cold beer.

Well not actually heated unless a couple space heaters count. LOL

I should be dropping the engine back in this week. I also pulled the diff and had it rebuilt with 3.08s. We need to meet up for a beer sometime.

Middle TN here. We did an event on TCCoA last year cruising Deals Gap and the Cherohala Skyway. It was one hell of a time! I am not on here often, but XR7Kurt can get you any info you need on it if we decide to do it again.

I saw the Deal's Gap cruise, but had to pass.

Ray, give a call or send a text and we'll go grab a beer.

Back