help with crank shaft pulley

tondog

does anyone know of a place near redlands, riverside, san bernardino, or moreno valley that would be able to "0" balance my crank shaft pulley?

Is this your stock pulley?

Are you needing help with the stock or an aftermarket crank pulley?
I have an aftermarket and it came "Zero" balanced. That means you must remove the pins from the harmonic balancer to maintain the balance.
If you are talking about the stock pulley...is it the original that came with the motor, as is in stock to the car? If this is so, then it is already matched to your motor and will not require any further work except to re-install. Unless of course someone has modified the harmonic balancer in some way, like removing the pins.

Last edited:
well, i have a bhj balancer which has been "0" balanced and i just want to be absolutely positive that the stock crank pulley is "0" balanced as well.

OK

Ity is my understanding that the stock pulley is NOT zero balanced. It is matched to the stock harmonic balancer.
So you want to have your old stock pulley re-balanced to the new harmonic balancer?

yeah, but back to the original question, do you guys happen to know any where around here that could to it? i asked a couple of the local machine shops and they didnt really have a way to check it.

Don't know for sure but,

Try these guys. While I am quite sure they don't do it, they could probably give you a referal for a place "up the hill" that may...

TEMECULA SPEED CENTER
28780 Old Town Front St. A-3 Temecula Ca
909-699-8173 "TONY"

With a name like that, he can't be all bad. Good luck. I went looking for driveline folks in your area and couldn't find any. I would think that any place that can balance a driveshaft should have a pretty good idea of how to tackle one of those pulleys.

Good luck,
Anthony

BTW: Let me know how it turns out. I may be in the same boat someday.

Yo tondog

You needed to give some additional info for that you could be given a good response. Based upon what you gave, I would go to E.T Balancing in LA. I have used them and they are excellent. The racers use them and they are the best:

"CAPABILITIES

E.T. Balancing Inc. has a broad range of equipment and the skilled personnel to operate this equipment. In addition to the balancing equipment mentioned above, E.T. owns a H.P. Structural Dynamics Analyzer, several Spectral Dynamics Spectrum Analyzers, three Rockland Spectrum Analyzers a 100 megahertz Tektronix Oscilloscope, several IRD Vibration Analyzers..." http://www.wiseburn.com/company_overview.htm

Back