Custom Spearco Liquid/Air Intercooler Set Up

supercatxr7

SOLD!

I am selling the one off custom made air/liquid intercooler set up. This was on my XR7, car ran 11.90's. Car was sold and this is the last item I have to get rid of. I had over $1600 in parts to make this set up, and an additional $1000 in labor/materials to have a shop custom fit this into my XR7 (make brackets, piece/bend, and weld together intercooler piping, modify intercooler and heat exchanger for mounting, etc).

To put this into your SC or XR7 will take a little modifying of the front radiator support (removing some material on the radiator support where stock intercooler is placed as well as welding a few brackets on the car. Also will need to cut out some of the plastic behind grill area. The upper intercooler tube will attach to a raised sc top with the collar nut removed. I was using a 1.25" raised ESM SC top.

Here is what it includes: Spearco 2-230 liquid/air intercooler 3" inlet and outlet, custom made 3" intercooler tubing (tubes will need to be polished or powder coated), 03 Cobra intercooler pump, 03 Cobra Fluidyne heat exchanger, 03 Cobra Canton intercooler coolant tank, all brackets to mount intercooler, silicone couplers and t bolt clamps. This is the whole set up. Lower intercooler tube is tapped where I had my snow methanol system nozzle.

I am asking $1500 for the set up. Less than 3000 miles on the set up. PM me.

Here are some pics of when it was installed in the car:

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00383.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

DSC00380.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00377.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

Last edited:
Would this fit under a stock hood?
Of the 3000 miles, were many of them on the street? I'm curious to know how it affected engine coolant temperatures.
Does this system have a way to add ice to really lower air temperatures?
Did it really need a snow system?
Do you have any datalogs showing how well this worked?

Fit under my stock cougar hood. Engine always ran cool. Car was mostly weekend miles with a few trips to the drag strip with this set up. ACT temps at the end of a quarter mile run on a 80+ degree summer day were around 80 degrees. Running methanol injection as well. This was with the supercharger overdriven around 25%+.

From what I can tell you don't have a AC condenser. Is this true?
Do you think AC could be kept if a shortened condenser is used?

From what I can tell you don't have a AC condenser. Is this true?
Do you think AC could be kept if a shortened condenser is used?

The intercooler here is about the same width as mine, it's just taller as it has a higher HP capacity than mine does. The angle that it is mounted at appears that it might not interfere with the shorter A/C condenser, but I'm not sure. I know that I had my condenser in when figuring out the mounting for the core because the condenser was the main part limiting the location (it's slightly wider than the radiator)

You could certainly try, and if necessary adjust the brackets. The only down side is if you move the brackets, the 3" tubes might need to be adjusted as well.

That core itself is worth $1200. If you had the fabrication done yourself you'd be looking at over $600, easily. Then figure the tubing, the surge tank, the pump, and the heat exchanger, and easily that is a over $2000 package and good for 1500CFM.

Back