Whats more desirable, 35th 5spd or 94/95 5spd

• 35th 5spd

Votes: 50 37.0%
  • 94/95 5spd

Votes: 85 63.0%

• Total voters

Bjarvis

SCCoA Member
I'm just kind of curious what everyone thinks, I'm bias because I own a 35th. For the people who don't own either it would be interesting to see what they think.

I don't believe the 147 5-speed Anny myth.

Once I started looking for one I found several without trying much.

I voted for the 35th, assuming both are in equal shape. The 35th seats are without a doubt my favorite factory seat in any car I've sat in. Plus I prefer the earlier body style and dashboard to the 94/95s.

Are you looking for collectebility?

It easier to find an Anny as they are all the same, You get the black interior and the same paint scheme.
With the 95 5spd you need to find the correct color and interior. Makes it for a harder car to find if you are picky. So its a better market for the 95s because of this complication. You also get a newer car when you buy 95 cars.

But 20 years from now the Anniversary will be the one people will look for since that is the trim that Ford but extra effort to distinguish them from the rest.

I have a 94 5-spd... MORE interested in an Anni!

LOVE the Extra effort they put in the early Anni SCs.

This is a highly personal choice, and dependent upon a number of factors from the prospective owner's perspective. There is no "right" or "wrong" answer.

Disclaimer: I'd like to have any of these cars in nice, original, low-mileage condition. I don't dislike any SC year or model. They are all desireable and collectible.

But, since I don't yet own any of the subject models, here are my priorities, and why I chose the way I did:

1st. = 1995 5-speed: The rarest of the SC models produced; which puts it at the top of my list. Also, the added attraction of the last year of production. Since I already own a reference-grade 1989 5-speed, I'd like to have the 1995 to "book-end" the production years. Also, since I already own a early model, a later model will be a nice contrast; interior, body style, etc. All this makes the 1995 5-speed a shoe-in for me.

2nd. = 1994 5-speed: The second rarest SC in production. Not the last year production, so it loses some interest from me on that point. But, since it also represents the later body style, it would still make a nice contrast to my 89. Still, not a 95, so points off in my book.

3rd. = 1990 35th. 5-speed: Since I already own an 89 and 90, another early body style holds less appeal for me. There are also no firm numbers stating how many 5-speeds were built (hearsay doesn't count), so that gives me a little heartburn, from a collector's standpoint. Also, the 35th. was basically a paint and trim appearance package; there were no performance differences from other 90 SC's. Also, and this is purely a personal preference, I'm not big on the overall look of the 35th. model. Something about the black/silver with black wheels just doesn't do it for me. Also not a big fan of the contrasting seat inserts; plus they're made from unobtainium if there is damage. All things being equal, I'd rather have a white, red, or titanium SC. I'd eventually like to have one of each year, all in 5-speed configuration. If a nice 35th. comes along, I'd jump on it. But if not, a "regular" 90 will do just fine.

As stated above, this is a personal choice, so everyone can differ. Don't bust my chops if my choices don't line up with yours : )

Cheers,

JD

As stated above, this is a personal choice, so everyone can differ. Don't bust my chops if my choices don't line up with yours : )

Cheers,

JD
You're wrong :p But since I already have 2 of the 3 in you're list, I don't really mind.

I'm going with the 94-95's, in stock condition I think they're going to be the most desired based on the engine upgrades alone. I think it will be true for the autos too but the 5-speeds will be the most desired.
The anny's definately have a following though and I guess there are probably more of those that have been preserved as new than any other models.
Of course I think the either year 5-speed XR7 should be the most collectable.:rolleyes:But rare does not always mean desireable.:p

plus they're made from unobtainium

Sorry, just had to laugh at the statement.. Quite true on the seat inserts.. Very difficult to find an exact match. Some are close, and I'll eventually settle for close enough I think on mine...

94 is the rarest of all model years, and I believe the 5-spd/auto numbers listed here are reversed. Still, I'd rather have a '94 5-spd over a '95. :)

No, 1995 5-speeds are rarer than 1994 5-speeds. It's in the FAQ on the front page. Both are rare, but the 95 gets the nod for rarest. As far as total production goes, the 94's are rarest overall, but this discussion is about the 5-speeds specifically.

JD

Comparing mint to mint they both have thier appeal. The 35th is a special edition but they made less of the 94 or 95 5 speeds. They also both have different attitudes with the earlier cars being more archaic and aggresive then the later models...The later models being more refined and soft.

I do love the 35th though..And if ever I bought an early model SC it be that one

Last edited:
I have both maybe I dont have the extreme end of either. I only have a 94 5spd. And a Auto 35th for now.

But I think the 35th is a more unique car in its stock form then the 94 ever was. There is so much detail that went to it that it makes it a more exciting car to own.

Seat suade Inserts, blue accent piping on the seats.
Door Badges
Fender emblems
Special color scheme
Special stripes
The front emblem has blue embeded between the chrome and so does the rear tailight emblems.
Special color wheels.
Car cover, ect.

The car feels like a collectable regardless of the numbers. The fact that there are so little 5spd 94-95 had nothing to do with exclusiveness or limitedness. Its because sales stunk on it and thats what the turnout was.

.02 + .02 cents.

...The fact that there are so little 5spd 94-95 had nothing to do with exclusiveness or limitedness. Its because sales stunk on it and thats what the turnout was...

That same arguement could be made for many cars that we consider highly collectible today. Just because it wasn't a huge seller when new, doesn't necessarily create a negative impact on the future desireability. In fact, it's probably more of an inverse relationship; If a car was built in limited numbers new (regardless of the reason), it will be more desireable as a collector vehicle.

There are countless examples of this very phenomena today. When discussing collector cars, one of the first things mentioned is that "this is one of so-and-so built". Rarity is a primary cost driver in car values.

It's hard for me to get past the fact that a 35th. anniversary SC is basically just a graphics package for a regular 90 SC. There's nothing mechanically different; the car is exactly the same as any other SC. If Ford had done something like GM did with the GNX (over the GN), then the fuss would be warranted, in my opinion.

But, as I stated earlier, I like 'em all, and would readily buy a 35th. if the right one came along.

JD

this is funny i choose the Anni probably because i own a gen2 5spd already

I'm actually looking for a nice Anni to add to my collection, if i found the right one under the right conditions it would be sitting next to my other supercoupes.
then again if i found a 94-95 5spd under the right circumstances it too would be added to my collection.

black 90 5spd (dantenisha)
red 90 5spd (ruby)
black 94 5spd (rionda)
titanium 91 auto (skarlett)
blue 92 5spd (bianqa)
red 90 408 turbo 5spd highly modified (daja)

they are all 'stock appearing'
I plan on painting all of them black one day

this is funny i choose the Anni probably because i own a gen2 5spd already

I'm actually looking for a nice Anni to add to my collection, if i found the right one under the right conditions it would be sitting next to my other supercoupes.
then again if i found a 94-95 5spd under the right circumstances it too would be added to my collection.

black 90 5spd (dantenisha)
red 90 5spd (ruby)
black 94 5spd (rionda)
titanium 91 auto (skarlett)
blue 92 5spd (bianqa)
red 90 408 turbo 5spd highly modified (daja)

they are all 'stock appearing'
I plan on painting all of them black one day

It seems if you find ANY supercoupe, you add it to your collection.

Back