What do you guys think

kamakazie_1

Ok, since we didn't make it to Ocala and I could surprise everyone, here it is, what do you guys think about the hood with the 96/97 front end? Honest answer.. Before and after, just not painted yet in these pics

RJ

Attachments

• P1010008.jpg
    P1010008.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 175
  • P1010011.jpg
    P1010011.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 214
  • P1010019.jpg
    P1010019.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 209
  • P1010022.jpg
    P1010022.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 195
  • P1010016.jpg
    P1010016.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 199
No the hood is on the Auto right now, because I wanted to show it off at the show, the 5 spd is still several months out...

The auto is going to Thomas as soon as the 5Spd is up and running. The springs were for the 5 spd it's still standing stock, actually a lot nose high right at the moment while I'm contemplating the heart transplant.. :D

RJ

Looks real good RJ:cool: I'm liking the scoops, breaks up the cowl nicely. when I had the '95 I was disappointed in the lack of hoods with scoops, I can't stand a huge bubble of a hood with no defining lines. If I had continued with the '95 project I was going to hack up a Mach 1 style hood to fit the front end of the late model.

Thanks Greg, the guy at fiber concepts is one of the few that make a hood for the late model birds, it was a real nice fit..

RJ, I like the hood. But matching that pearl paint will be a challange.

Hey Glen, yea tell me about it, I think Chris and I will have to no doubt agree with you on that. When I painted those small parts on the auto several years ago it went real well, couldn't even tell the parts that I painted. This hood and the right rear quarter has been a challange for sure. I spoke to Don over here where I got the paint, Chris and I are thinking he didn't get enough tint put in the pearl. It turned out to be a perfect paint job just to bright white. Don said to come by the office and he'd re-mix the paint for me so we could reshoot it, hopefully getting it to match like the small pieces I did several years ago..

we shall see...

RJ

love the hood ive been keeping my eye out for a hood for sale close to me shipping is outrageous

love the hood ive been keeping my eye out for a hood for sale close to me shipping is outrageous

This company is actually closer to you than he was for me, but he came down to the Thanksgiving Rod run in Daytona and brought it with him, I didn't have to pay any shipping..

He's out of Ohio..

RJ

Back