Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WANTED TO BUY: 35th Anniversary SC - 5spd & Moonroof

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarvis View Post
    To address the op, as of christmas this car was still for sale http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...highlight=35th.

Sorry if this car was already mentioned, I read through the replies fairly quick and might have missed if this car was already pointed out.
    It's not yet been mentioned in this thread, and I do appreciate your pointing it out to me, but...

I went back and forth with that guy for a week. He was nice and helpful right up until the day I was to go pick the car up. I had to withdraw my 5 year old daughter from her dance recital (she practiced for a long time) so that I could make the 2 1/2 hour drive that Sat. (1/16) with my family. I confirmed with him that Friday night on the phone that I would be coming in the morning. All was a go.

Well, that day (Sat.) he wouldn't answer his phone. I called and left messages. He never returned my calls. I was on the road early, so I thought maybe he wasn't up yet. I tried until 4:00pm then gave up. All of that effort was for nothing. My wife was beyond upset with me, and my daughter cried for a long time. I gave him a few more calls in the following days and left messages with no return call.

It takes a real DICK to do something like that to someone! I don't think he wants to sell his car, and he can keep it!

What does it take to make one simple phone call (even if he sold it in the wee hours of that Friday night)?

His name is Jay, my advice is to STAY AWAY FROM THAT GUY !!! He's not a man of his word.

Michael
    Last edited by Cyboman; 01-23-2010 at 12:43 PM.

Sorry to hear, I had a similar situation when I was looking for a lightning. Guy what nice as can be the first few calls, the second I started asking the tough questions about the truck, is attitude took a 180 degree turn.

I suppose most of us have been there and done that when it comes to cars, but to stiff someone when they are in the process of making the trip is a pretty awful thing to do.

Thumbs up

Got it!

I brought home my 35th 5spd moonroof car this past weekend. It was an enjoyable 1000 mile drive. The car needs some TLC and I plan on giving it.

Thanks Travis.

Michael

Did you get the car located in Braintree, from the above mentioned thread?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by fastsc92 View Post
    Did you get the car located in Braintree, from the above mentioned thread?
    NO I DID NOT. I wouldn't do business with that guy if you paid me. Did you read my experience with him?

I ADVISE ALL TO STAY AWAY FROM HIM.

I got my 35th from Milwaukee.

Michael
    Last edited by Cyboman; 02-21-2010 at 12:05 PM.