Tps

artic94sc

would the tps make the throttle stick for a sec or two? i rev it up and it sticks for a few then drops to whats normal..?

When he slaps the throttle on his 94-95 the rpms stay around 2000rmp's for about 2-3 seconds then to a good idle around 1000prms. He is wondering if the TPS would fix this problem, its a fresh engine "bearing and gaskets" no air leaks car runs great s far, good job man.

He would appreciate if someone here would have an answer for him.

Thanks,
Jerry

bro

Thanks alot man, but as you can see people here would rather write on "how to hook up a laptop to your coupe" than answer a simple question..... I will just take the time to change it out than ask you ~~~~s a question, but thats the way i feel!

and your beloved search button dose nothing....

I'd look more at the TB binding. The TPS is only a passive sensor, now if you have a A/F sensor gauge and your going rich at the same time it sticks then it could be the TPS but I still stay its the TB, or its linkage.

tps

thanks, i put a new gasket and looked at the linkage last night thinking the samething but everything was lose and not sticking...

Another thought is it could be the IAC, since they are designed to help the engine from dying when throttle is removed.

Thanks alot man, but as you can see people here would rather write on "how to hook up a laptop to your coupe" than answer a simple question..... I will just take the time to change it out than ask you ~~~~s a question, but thats the way i feel!

and your beloved search button dose nothing....

There are only a few people here that harp on the search feature. I wouldn't worry about them. The guys that know their stuff are always ready to help.

On previous throttles I have used and rebuilt I have found the bearings aren't always the best (sealed). Try taking it apart and seeing if you can get a finger in there to turn it around. Make sure to coat them in oil for safe keeping. Also the return spring should be spun around about 2 times for a pretty tight tension. Remember your leg is powerful; even enough to overcome the resistance, even if it may be a little tight by hand.

If the rpm is hanging when you let up the pedal, and the pedal doesn't stick, then its not the tps thats the problem.

You have excess air coming in, and the IAC module is having to go from full open to full closed to drop the air flow enough to bring the rpm down, which takes a bit while the computer figures it out.

Slamming the idea of hooking up a laptop and being a stupid thing etc is actually, to be blunt, stupid thinking. With a laptop hooked up I can instantly tell you if the IAC, the TPS, the ACT or ECT sensor etc is the problem, and by looking at what the numbers are coming in can confirm what I stated above. Alot of times, that "stupid" laptop idea as you hinted at can save a ton of money because you can diagnose the problem directly and only replace the part you need to :rolleyes:, IF you actually have to replace a part.

Start looking for air leaks, such as the hose that runs from the driver's side valve cover over to the air intake tube between the MAF and the throttle body, which is often forgotten. There was the mention of the bearings, and if those are leaking air can cause the exact symptoms you are describing. It doesn't take much of an air leak to cause that hang.

Fraser

laptop

sort of not bashing, but interesting that there are so many sc ppl on and have wrote a few pm to ppl that are suppose to be the sc gods:rolleyes: and get nothing back is and get me pissed off. because those same ppl are writing on other subjects..

sort of not bashing, but interesting that there are so many sc ppl on and have wrote a few pm to ppl that are suppose to be the sc gods:rolleyes: and get nothing back is and get me pissed off. because those same ppl are writing on other subjects..

There's no gods here ;). Just some folks that know some things about some things :D.

Fraser

Back