Driver side seat belt not working Please HELP!!

1990_Tbird_SC

My automatic seat belt just stopped being automatic and im not sure where to start looking to fix it. It just stopping working out of nowhere. Driver side is dead passenger side works fine, any help would be greatly appricated

Thanks

mine did the same

The motor that controls it is behind the plastic interior molding that would be near the rear seat, drivers side, closest to the door. Mine was shot and actually retaining current and draining my battery down. I unplugged the electrical connection to it and have not replaced it yet.

A friend of mine's 35th also hangs the drivers belt just a few inches before stop going forward. You have to sort of help it along. There is a cable in a track that runs that belt and it can get hung. I don't know if it can blow an inline fuse but it might. Otherwise the motor may have died. I haven't been there yet but have helped a few tracks get lubed and working better. Hope this helps some.

Good Luck.

mine was dead when i bought the car. turned out the track was all crumpled up where the gear drive is. i bought another complete retractable seat belt assembly from a salvage yard but when i installed it it didn't work either. turned out the motor was dead so i took my good motor and installed it on the good track. i lubed the track with white lithium grease and haven't had any problems since i did that about a year ago or more.

its a bit of a pain to work on since the whole back seat has to come out along with the panel on that side of the car along with the trim running along the roof and the pillar.

Back