Need good 94-95 Balancer

only way to find out is to buy it and spin her up on the bench and check the balance

i would be the guinea but our balancing machine is currently down

hey you know what i might just do that anyway. my machine shop will be able to check the balance. ill probably just order it thru summit and take the chance of losing the 20 bucks in shipping if its wrong. but if by some small chance it right, i struck gold. i guess this will be a dead subject until either i check it this week, or someone who has used it already speaks up. until then:confused:

well i just found out some more, the 94-2000 v6 mustang is externally balanced so no the gen2 supercoupe and the sn95 do not use the same balancer!

except.. the claim that the sn95 balancer is balanced off the crank pulley which then will allow it to use the same balancer, but for all things being equal, the sn95 and the gen2 supercoupe balancers ARE NOT THE SAME not considering the pulley, which would make a huge difference.

so in a nutshell no this balancer will not work for the gen2 supercoupes, good luck finding one

yeah you are right....unfortunately. either way i sent a message to summit telling them to change their application listing as for the 94-95 SC on that dorman part. jeez, i was pretty happy when i saw that earlier today though. looks like the old balancer is going to have to go back on for now :(

Could have saved some hassle and confusion just by looking at the picture of the balancer, you can clearly see the offset weight. No need to spin it to see that.

The NA 3.8 didn't go internal balance until 2000-2001 (not exactly sure on the year but it was definitely after the SN95).

yeah i realized it was wrong when i saw the pic on dormans website. either way, it looks like ive been beaten down by the harsh reality that i either have to stay with my junker stock one or spend the $350.

I did however put in a request to Professional Products this afternoon, about making the CORRECT 94-95 supercoupe balancer. Mentioned that the SCCoA has many members who are in desperate need of a good cheap alternative for a balancer. Wishful thinking i guess, but new products have to start somewhere.
Having a rare car such as the SC, and even rarer being a 94-95 is such a double edged sword.

ok everyone check this out! Just got off the phone with one of the head honchos over at professional products. He said that he is interested in taking on the Supercoupe balancer issue.
I told him about us here on SCCoA and how we are all desperate for a quality,cheap, replacement balancer for our birds.
So far i have only talked to him about the 94-95 version. He said the tooling should not be that expensive and he should only have to make about 50 of them to get it started.
Now i think he might hesitate on this a little bit due to the very specific application.
On a side note about Pro Products and SC's. he has about 150 or so 75mm Throttle bodies that he claims to have been stuck with for a long time do to the person who requested he make them in the first place backed out of an order of 100.
HE SAYS HE WILL SELL THESE AT A SUPER DISCOUNT PRICE OF $65.00 ea. for us on SCCoA just so he can get rid of them. I will probably buy 2 or 3 myself. So if we can help him out on clearing his inventory of these im sure it will push him to go for the balancers too!

SO CAN I GET A HOORAH FOR MAKING PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS BALANCERS!?!?!?!
lets show them that they wont be stuck with them and will be a hot seller! I would assume they would be in the range of their other balancers wich are about $50 for a non SFI and $150 for SFI, but dont quote me. ill just be happy with a cheap alternative to BHJ. im sick of searching for new balancers, they dont exist!

Did this thread just die? I sure would like to know if this went forward.
-Dave

Really, I'd like to know if this thread died also. I personally need one for a 93.......A BHJ is quite expensive. I'm not sure of my alteratives since I have the earlier style.

WOW, time flies. I cant believe its been a year since my last post on this.... It seems like I was blown off by the guy at Professional Products. I helped him sell alot of his stale Supercoupe throttle body inventory to prove that there is a market for the balancers just in this club alone. Because like most of you i love my SC but cannot afford the price of a BHJ balancer and just need a stock replacement before mine blows off the hub.

I am going to try and remeber to call the gentleman i was dealing with tomorrow and see what the "progress" is on the batch he promised.

Rebuilt Harmonic Balancer Dampner

DougD in a posting in 2008 suggested this company to rebuild Harmonic Balancers, Dale Manufacturing. The web site is informative.
http://hbrepair.com/
Dale Manufacturing
3425 Fairhaven Ave. N.E.
Salem, OR 97301
(503) 364-8685 PST
David (Dale) Langsather
dalemfg@q.com
This guy is in my "back yard". The price now is $115 plus $12.35 for a Flat Rate Box return shipping. Normally a 7-8 day turn around back to the customer. In the list, he has only done a 1989 SC. I think I will use him then he can add 1995 SC. NOTE the months they are closed March, June September, December. "Life time guarantee (even if you sell your vehicle!): If the rubber fails on your harmonic balancer, I will rebuild it at no charge to you (you pay only the shipping charges)."
I might have to go meet this guy next time I am down that way.
-Dave J.

Back