beeping ecu?

scxr7

I had an odd thing happen the other day. I was out testing my intercooler piping by going out to an empty road out in the middle of nowhere and doing some WOT runs. The intercooler piping blew off 3 times, different locations blew apart each time. The 2nd time the intercooler piping blew apart my ecu started beeping. I'm 100% positive the beeping was coming from the ecu. My stereo was off and my ecu lays on the floor due to having to constantly remove it. I never put it back in its original location. The beeping stopped after cycling the key on and off. the 3rd time the intercooler piping blew apart there was no beeping from the ecu. thats really the only time I've ever heard anything like that from the ecu. plus, this isn't the first few times the piping blew apart. this is an ongoing problem.

Does anyone know what that means? This was in my 96 cougar by the way. eec-v.

Was the airbag light blinking by any chance? Or has the bulb for the airbag light burnt out/been removed?

yes as a matter of fact I removed my airbag sensors. I needed to majorly cut the headlight panel in order to fit my fmic in between the rad-support. I removed my airbag along with the sensors just in case the airbag deployed due to a bad signal.

I thought the airbag had something to do with it, but wasn't positive.

this is on a 96 cougar with a 99 mustang transmission in it. 4r70w.

yes as a matter of fact I removed my airbag sensors. I needed to majorly cut the headlight panel in order to fit my fmic in between the rad-support. I removed my airbag along with the sensors just in case the airbag deployed due to a bad signal.

I thought the airbag had something to do with it, but wasn't positive.

That would be the cause. I had a similar issue, running a 97 EEC-V in a 90 XR7 without any airbags or sensors. As soon as I removed the airbag light bulb from the instrument cluster, the beeping would begin. My solution was to reinstall the bulb with a piece of electrical tape over its socket until I got around to having a set of gauge faces made up without the airbag light script.

Back