Tailshaft seal M5R2 part number?

ricardoa1

Can anyone tell the part number for the tailshaft seal on a M5R2? I think the Ford ones are the recomended ones so they dont leak. How much are you paying for them?

Since I couldn't find Rico's answer in Mike's link...........

does anyone have a factory part number on the M5R2 tailshaft seal?

It's still a valid part number to order ... it fits all of the 4x2 F-150s with the M5R2 trans. Lots of those around to be looked after yet!

On rockauto SKF 14900. I find the skf are identical to OEM seals, I try to avoid others.
It isn't a cheap seal but it is a good one. If you need a bushing or yoke any seal will leak. I have replaced quite a few bushings on these. Usually the yoke is bad at the same time.
factory number from rockauto is E8TZ7052C
Alan

My yoke does have some scoring. Maybe I would be better off just leaving everything as is until the trans needs gone through again. I'm not really looking for more stuff to do :)

The bushing isn't that expensive I want to say it is about $25 but you have to take the extension housing off to change it and the hardest part is you need a yoke. I may be able to buy the yoke directly from sonnax I have never tried. Would be nice to have access to a mill with a boring bar to bore it to the size of a 4r70w yoke. The bushing is thick enough to handle it.
Alan

Back