Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Petition for cheap balancers and 75mm TB

Petition for cheap balancers and 75mm TB

ok everyone check this out! Just got off the phone with one of the head honchos over at professional products. He said that he is interested in taking on the Supercoupe balancer issue.
    I told him about us here on SCCoA and how we are all desperate for a quality,cheap, replacement balancer for our birds.
    So far i have only talked to him about the 94-95 version. He said the tooling should not be that expensive and he should only have to make about 50 of them to get it started.
    Now i think he might hesitate on this a little bit due to the very specific application.
    On a side note about Pro Products and SC's. he has about 150 or so 75mm Throttle bodies that he claims to have been stuck with for a long time do to the person who requested he make them in the first place backed out of an order of 100.

HE SAYS HE WILL SELL THESE AT A SUPER DISCOUNT PRICE OF $75.00 ea. SATIN/ $85ea. Polished + SHIPPING for us on SCCoA just so he can get rid of them. I will probably buy 2 or 3 myself. So if we can help him out on clearing his inventory of these im sure it will push him to go for the balancers too!

SO CAN I GET A HOORAH FOR MAKING PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS BALANCERS!?!?!?!
    lets show them that they wont be stuck with them and will be a hot seller! I would assume they would be in the range of their other balancers wich are about $50 for a non SFI and $150 for SFI, but dont quote me. ill just be happy with a cheap alternative to BHJ. im sick of searching for new balancers, they dont exist!

THE PEOPLE AT PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS CAN USE THIS TO CONTACT YOU ABOUT BUYING INTO THE BALANCERS AND THROTTLE BODIES. LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE POST.
    SO POST UP ON THIS THREAD IF YOU WOULD POTENTIALLY BUY A PPR BALANCER OR THROTTLE BODY.
    PLEASE MAKE YOUR FIRST SENTENCE A YES FOR BALANCERS AND SECOND A YES FOR THROTTLE BODY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. THEN PROCEED TO COMMENT. THANKS ALOT GUYS!!!!!! DOIN MY BEST FOR THE SC FAMILY

Here is the summit link for the polished TB, not sure on inventory of Polished vs. Cast alum. will find out when they get back to me, polished will prob be more $. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PFS-69232/
    Last edited by KillSwitchNY; 02-10-2010 at 06:01 PM.

im down for atleast 1 tb prolly 2 lpfan.meteora(at)gmail.com

One more thing i forgot. Does anyone have a stock 94-95 balancer in ok condition so that they can make a copy off of it? i only have my 1 thats on my car and cant disable it for however long it takes. im honestly looking for a donation to send to them that has not spun the timing marks. If i have to pay i am willing to toss up $20 for one. I promise this is not a scam to get a cheap balancer for myself, i am really hoping to get this ball rolling. Maybe some of you can send a buck each to me or whoever is willing to sell their sample balancer if not just donate it. thanks again everyone.

and i think there would be more of a demand for the 89-93 balancers

Have you contacted Rock auto? Maybe talking with their inventory manager you can convice them to sell the items, Or one of the vendors here can fork out the money for them. 50 is alot to sell on one spot, not trying to be negative about it. Thank you for doing the work.

I have an early and late balancer in the basement. I checked the 93 and the elastomer is somewhat hard on one side the back side you can impress your fingernails on it. I figure you did not want it in that condition since you mentioned you had yours.

BTW the 94/95 ba;ancer also work on many other non SC 3.8 applications
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

And Id buy one for the heck of it..Because seriously it cant be any worse then the cheap china replacements out there now...SFI would be nice
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonSlowpokeBaumann View Post
    And Id buy one for the heck of it..Because seriously it cant be any worse then the cheap china replacements out there now...SFI would be nice
    well thats exactly what it is, is a cheap china replacement! lol, just like most other parts made nowadays. But damon, what other balancers are out there for the 94-95 that fit other 3.8's. ive looked everywhere. the 3.8 mustang balancer is NOT the same, it is counterweighted. BHJ claims the 94-95 SC and 94-95 Mustang are the same but when comparing them with DORMAN they are not even close.
    https://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-b...tegory_list=:0

Summit lists this same dorman balancer as working with the 94-95 SC but Dorman does not, we went over this in my other post in the wanted ad's for good 94-95 balancer.

Can we get a picture of the 75mm Throttle bodies ?

Quote Originally Posted by baer198 View Post
    Can we get a picture of the 75mm Throttle bodies ?

Check 1st post for summit link just added

so when will the tb be available

Thanks, I'll take one just let me know when to pay..

[email protected]
    Last edited by baer198; 02-09-2010 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lpfan View Post
    so when will the tb be available
    no exact date or price. told him to get back to me with an actual selling price so i can post it up. not sure how he wants to do it either. i dont thiunk pro products actually sells direct, normally you have to buy thru a dealer, but because of the special situation im hoping they will just sell them outright. will keep posted when i get mor details. hopefully they follow thru cuz im sure this will go over well.

Quote Originally Posted by baer198 View Post
    Thanks, I'll take one just let me know when to pay..
    its not me who is actually distributing these. its the manufacturer Professional Products. I am doing one of the head reps a favor by posting up the info and getting people to post up their email adress to possibly be contacted when they are ready to pull the trigger and unload all their old stock of SC throttle bodies, Im just the middle man (making no money) just trying to get some for myself and spread the love, lol.
    from what i was told he emailed one of the SCCoA owners or moderators to ask about posting up their parts as a group buy or just outright buy. we'll see what happens. Right now we need to show we are ready to buy at a discounted price.

maybe dave could step in as a distributor ??????