Which hood/front end on my SC?

Which hood/front end on my SC?

• Stock '94/'95 front end.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Late model front end, with stock late model hood.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Late model front end, with fiberglass Cobra R hood.

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Late model front end, with fiberglass Ram Air hood.

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters

95_XR7

Here are pictures of my '95 SC with the stock front end. However, I have all brand new parts to swap to the '96/'97 style headlights in my garage EXCEPT the hood.

Honestly, I'm kind of partial to the stock '96/'97 hood. The problem is, I'm having some difficulty finding one and am not willing to pay $700 plus from Ford for a new one. IF I were to get a fiberglass hood, I would also run hood pins because I'm not a fan of the carnage I've seen on these forums.

(I attached some pictures so you can see what each one looks like on a car. Picture one is stock '96/'97 front end. Picture two is Cobra R hood. Picture three is Ram Air, and the next two are of my SC as it sits now.)

Attachments

• nicholson3.jpg
    nicholson3.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,805
  • sc_me08.jpg
    sc_me08.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 698
  • SC-CougarClubOhio9-07044.jpg
    SC-CougarClubOhio9-07044.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 597
  • 33908680001_large.jpg
    33908680001_large.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 1,224
  • 33908680038_large.jpg
    33908680038_large.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 672
Last edited:
Here are pictures of my '95 SC with the stock front end. However, I have all brand new parts to swap to the '96/'97 style headlights in my garage EXCEPT the hood.

Honestly, I'm kind of partial to the stock '96/'97 hood. The problem is, I'm having some difficulty finding one and am not willing to pay $700 plus from Ford for a new one. IF I were to get a fiberglass hood, I would also run hood pins because I'm not a fan of the carnage I've seen on these forums.

(I attached some pictures so you can see what each one looks like on a car. Picture one is stock '96/'97 front end. Picture two is Cobra R hood. Picture three is Ram Air, and the next two are of my SC as it sits now.)

VFN fiberglass sells a stock 96-97 fiber glass hood, Same shape as stock 96-97 then all you need is the headlights and header panel.
$399.00 plus freight.
http://www.vfnfiberglass.com

Both my cars have a 96-97 style hood with some scoop/vents on them. I don't particularly dislike raised hoods but on i dont like them on a near stock SC. Wheels and spoilers maybe a front dam are a must if I was to do a raised hood. If you have stock wheels then its a no no, IMO.

I appreciate the link. Not sure how I missed those hoods.
As far being stock, definitely not. Haha. Nowhere near stock, and it'll be even more modified by the time I head home from Korea.

And I'm really not a fan of big hoods. I like subtle appearance modifications. Not looking for a car that screams "pull me over."

And I agree. If I had stock wheels on the SC I wouldn't want a raised hood at all.

-Corey

They dont have junkyards near your home town ?? I probably wouldnt have any trouble finding a stock 96/97 hood in need of a repaint at the local yards for $50.

I wouldnt go with the Cowl hood unless you need the clearance for engine swap, etc .. hood pins are ugly.

Are you keeping the 94/95 Front bumper cover ?? or considering the 96/97 ??

- Dan

They dont have junkyards near your home town ?? I probably wouldnt have any trouble finding a stock 96/97 hood in need of a repaint at the local yards for $50.

I wouldnt go with the Cowl hood unless you need the clearance for engine swap, etc .. hood pins are ugly.

- Dan

I've called every local yard within an hour and the only '96/'97 hoods we have here are damaged. As in, deer face plants the hood.

And I'm really not a fan of hood pins either, but there is no way when I go home on leave, that I'm running the car with no hood. :p

-Corey

Are you keeping the 94/95 Front bumper cover ?? or considering the 96/97 ??

- Dan

Dan,

I don't think the hood pins are very attactive either, I just don't trust the latch.

David

The latch is fine for a steel hood. But with fiberglass, you want something holding the corners down. Aerocatch is a different kind of hood pin that is more like a latch and can be fit into a hood. The nice thing is the tang sticks up if it's not latched, so you can check for it from inside the car. Someone pointed them out here once before.

Aston_Martin_2.jpg

AeroCatch.jpg

number two in your pictures is my favorite. tony's car is my favey sc.

my 94 is near identical, i have black and chrome wheels and a stock 96 hood. i also shaved my side mouldings.

gets loads of compliments and noone realizes its over a decade old. ;)

with new lenses and clear corners, the 96 hood/lights with the 95 bumper is a killer combo.

I'm partial to the 94-95 front end. IF anything Rico did a nice job modifying the 94/95 front bumper cover to fit nicer with the late rmodel hood and headlights. I just like the sleek look of a factory 94/95 front

Voted!

Not to hijack but does anyone know what type of rims those are on the first picture?

Anybody got pics?

Mike, like these>???????

:D

garage_attachment.php

Bringing back the dead..

Happy Labor Day!
I'm looking for pics/locations for the pin placement and pics of the underside of the finished hoods, etc.

I'm sure a lot of folks have these. Trying to figure out how to make a clean install with a finished look.

Thank you for any help.!

Tim

Back