My first SC

bengini

I just purchased my very first SC. It is a 1995 with a 5 speed
it is performance white mettallic, with a grey interior, a moon roof, and it has 178kms, yes i live in canada. I picked it up for only $800. I look forward to getting it on the road.

i envy you good sir. i would kill for a pearl 95.. i got stuck with black. :eek: took me three months of searching just to find the one i have.

btw, why so cheap?

Congrats. Keep one hand on the wallet and the other on the keys!!!!!! Pics if you get a chance would be nice.
CoolHand

i envy you good sir. i would kill for a pearl 95.. i got stuck with black. :eek: took me three months of searching just to find the one i have.

btw, why so cheap?

Nothing wrong with black. Just have to polish it about once a week. ;)

-Corey

btw, why so cheap?[/QUOTE]

The guy who sold it to me didn't know what he had and didn't want to go through the hassle of what the car needs.
I live in alberta and the car was last registered in a different province. from what I can tell, it only needs a windshield to be ready for the inspection. There is also some damage onthe drivers quarter panel that someone has tried to repair at one point but they did a horrible job. When I first drove it it would only give about 4 psi boost and miss alot, so I changed the plugs and wires and drove it again, no miss and 12 psi. Then it felt like it was leaning out at about 4000rpm, so I changed the fuel filter, that fixed that. Now I can't find any other problems with it.

btw, why so cheap?

The guy who sold it to me didn't know what he had and didn't want to go through the hassle of what the car needs.
I live in alberta and the car was last registered in a different province. from what I can tell, it only needs a windshield to be ready for the inspection. There is also some damage onthe drivers quarter panel that someone has tried to repair at one point but they did a horrible job. When I first drove it it would only give about 4 psi boost and miss alot, so I changed the plugs and wires and drove it again, no miss and 12 psi. Then it felt like it was leaning out at about 4000rpm, so I changed the fuel filter, that fixed that. Now I can't find any other problems with it.

Make sure you keep tab on your coolant levels and temps. And don't run the nuts off of it if it gets a little warm. You don't wanna pop those head gaskets. I'm suprised mine aren't blown. I run the hell outta my SC but she just loves it! :D

Last edited:
I also had to get keys made for it, and replace the trunk lid (someone punched out the lock). there's some paint gone off the front bumper.
On the plus side, its rust free and now it runs like a champ. Finding parts isn't too bad, I work in an auto wrecker and I am also an automotive service tech.

I fianally got some pictures to upload

Attachments

• Picture 058.jpg
    Picture 058.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Picture 059.jpg
    Picture 059.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 87
  • Picture 060.jpg
    Picture 060.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Picture 061.jpg
    Picture 061.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 95
heres a few more

Attachments

• Picture 062.jpg
    Picture 062.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Picture 063.jpg
    Picture 063.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Picture 065.jpg
    Picture 065.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 66
Not too shabby for $800 ;) I wish I could've snagged mine for that. Mine had a boatload of things wrong with it but the guy knew what he had. I may have overpaid a bit, but it's exactly what I was looking for.

But as many have said, Good Luck, you're going to need it. Luck and a deep wallet :p

Congrats!

Check for bumper damage behind the bumper cover.....

It looks like it took a good lick on the passenger side....:p

wow! never seen a 145mph speedo in KM before

nice find, give her some love, cosmetics are easy, as long as she's got it where it counts

Back