Auto Show review

Superbird281

Here are my impressions, in no particular order.

The show is squeezed into the north and south convention centre. No Skydome. Makes sense since some manufacturers are smaller and some weren't there at all.

The 2010 Mustang is a better looking redesign fromt he previous year. Materials and construction quality still need improvement.

The new Taurus is sure a large car. Couldn't get comfortable with the seating position though.

The Lincoln MKS and MKT, and a few other cars in the show, have instrument clusters that are offset to the left of the driver's line of sight. I just find this extremely annoying.

I really don't know why the Fusion is the motor Trend car of the year.

I don't know what Microsoft's SYNC is, but I'm afraid that Ford's ECUs are programmed by the people who brought us Windows Vista. Ford is also putting cup holders in the doors instead of the console.

There's a version of the F150 that looks like it's made for mud racing.

The Expedition is a very large, solid, comfortable SUV, if you have the money to fill it up.

The 2011 Focus looks like a hell of an improvement over the old one.

There are 76 buttons on the dashboard and console of the Acura TL. Beautifully built car and very comfortable. One of the few front wheel drive cars where I can stretch my left leg out between the dead pedal and the brake pedal.

Don't get into the back seat of the Acura ZDX without a helmet on.

The Lamborghini Murcielago isn't just a car, it's more of a spaceship. The Ferrari display was pitifully small.

Missing in Action: Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Aston Martin, Hummer, Saab. Killed in Action: Saturn, Pontiac, Oldsmobile. AWOL: No Porsche corporate presence, but the Pfaff dealership had their own display.

New kid on the block: Scion. Whatever.
Almost new kid on the block: Kia. Almost whatever.
Old kid on the block: Suzuki. Zzzzzzz.

For people with no reproductive organs: The Nissan Cube.

The BMW professional audio system doesn't sound very professional at all.

The new Jaguar XJ is one huge luxury boat, with 470 horsepower too. I think all the Jaguars are just beautiful, real works of art. For value, style, quality, Jaguar just blows away BMW. BMW is getting overpriced and understyled. 91 thousand dollars for an X5? Even Mercedes starts to look like a better value.

SUVs: Thumbs up for the Chevy Traverse. Huge interior room, good assembly quality and reasonably priced. Thumbs down for the Nissan Murano, the compact car that wants you to think it's an SUV.

Three Corvettes at the show. Grand Sport convertible, targa, and a Z06. Cadillac CTS-V too, the next best thing to a ZR1.

If you like old Mustangs, you'll love the special display of Shelbys.

Oh, another new kid on the block: two Fiats were at the show.

Honda trucks and SUVs are just buttugly.

I found another safety defect on a Toyota. The hood prop rod on the red Matrix wouldn't go into the hole in the hood unless you wiggled and forced it to.

The seats on the Bitchyoumissme Evo and the Mazda RX8 are very narrow, not recommended for anyone with hips wider than maybe 32 inches.

Three Dodge Challengers at the show. Typical plasticky American interior, but otherwise I just love that car.

No pictures. Besides, all Volvos look the same and have the same turbo 5 cylinder engine.
Uh, oh yeah, Lexus has a $50,000 Corolla called the HS. BMW X6-M is $111,000. Corvette Grand Sport convertible is $99,000. There's a Zeppelin version of the Maybach, but no Purple Aston Martin, Jovi Mustang, or Maiden Jaguar.
Most Japanese companies don't print brochures anymore, cheap bastards. Toyota gives out gardening seeds instead. I guess Sheridan Nurseries is doing oil changes.

Back