How do you slow down a SC

no, from the factory its connected to the boost plenum thus it closes when you get to boost or low vac, if its connected to the vac plenum (same as the throttle body before the supercharger) then it can't close because its always under vac

make sense??

nvm im wrong, even hooked up to the vac plenum there would still be too little vac under WOT to keep it open

oh well seemed like it would be a cool idea

A one way check valve in line with the vacuum line to the bypass Solenoid should work nicely too...

ThunderDave... yeah i tried it just out of curiosity and it didn't work, i went as far as removing the vac line from the back of the boost plenum and hooking it to the front side of the vac plenum where the plenum hose bypass is and just plugging the other end back into the boost plenum

it did absolutely nothing :eek: worked just as it did prior

which leads me to another questions which i'll post a thread about

91 xr7... problem i would see with a check valve would be that even at atmospheric pressure the bypass would close so unless it was capable of locking in vac it wouldn't work, i assumed you were talking about a one way pressure valve

I think xr7 dave hit the nail on the head with rigging the bypass valve open, that seems like the easiest method

I was kind of hoping to make it appear like it belongs there rather than having a subtle zip tie or what not on the valve in an effort to reduce boost on my daily driver since i find it very difficult to stay out the floorboard :cool:

I agree with CaifanSC.. just take the belt off. doesn't hurt anything ( I think they run indepently anyways.. could be wrong though) and you only have the power of a N/A 3.8L. still plenty fast for a new driver and you don't wear the supercharger out.. allthough I think they should be run just to keep things free, loose, and working.

Taking the belt off would just make the car run like crap. Air just isnt meant to run just through the bypass or the "Spinning by air" rotors of the SC. Opening up the bypass is one way and installing a larger sc pulley as had bene mentioned from a late model SC is another.

But seriously if a mid 15 sec car is to fast she shouldnt be driving!

91 xr7... problem i would see with a check valve would be that even at atmospheric pressure the bypass would close so unless it was capable of locking in vac it wouldn't work, i assumed you were talking about a one way pressure valve

Nope one way Vacuum valve, same concept as what's on the brake booster or the line going to the HVAC system.. Once a Vacuum is applied to the By-pass solenoid, it will not leak out, if all is good with the check valve, the line to the by pass and bypass itself, it should not come out of the `open' position until that check valve is removed..

Heck if one is truly nervous that with may with a long WOT acceleration, one can add a small vacuum Canister to the system, OR just plump it into the HVAC system, which has a Vacuum canister..

Taking the belt off would just make the car run like crap. Air just isnt meant to run just through the bypass or the "Spinning by air" rotors of the SC. Opening up the bypass is one way and installing a larger sc pulley as had bene mentioned from a late model SC is another.

But seriously if a mid 15 sec car is to fast she shouldnt be driving!

Yeah, for god's sake, the new Mitsubishi Eclipses have 260 HP and I see girls driving them all the time....and they are half the weight of an SC! I think she will be fine in a Super Coupe, especially with it being an auto.

i think the whole torque factor is what is giving the illusion of hyper speed acceleration just take off the flux capacitor

I'm thinking today, you don't do anything and you install the Drivecam system so you can Trust, but Verify. It's not cheap, but if you have American Family insurance you can get it for free.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O9ch3DCBac0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O9ch3DCBac0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

that was great mike, ty, now ill never let my son drive lmao.

anyways go to moates.net and get a quarterhorse. you can then set a rev limit to prevent fast accelerations, and you can set speed limitations at what ever you want.

I'm thinking today, you don't do anything and you install the Drivecam system so you can Trust, but Verify. It's not cheap, but if you have American Family insurance you can get it for free.

78GK000Z.jpg

:rolleyes:

this is for a 16year old girl keep in mind, i dont think a camera would be a good idea. there are things that might happen that im sure no one wants a video hence SHE'S 16. what did you do when you where 16, i remember what i did. i always had hail damage on the hood for some reason. hhmmmm :)

Back